• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Anyone have issues with air bag light coming on 2009 Tacoma?

SUVFan

Has anyone had issues with the air bag light coming on in their 2009 Toyota Tacomas? Just curious if anyone has had issues on this.

Buster

A friend of mine is having the same issue, but with her Corolla. Toyota did a check on the system and pulled some codes for her at no charge. They said more than likely it was the spring inside of her steering wheel and the part for her will cost around $350. I have heard of others with the same issue. Toyota assured her that as long as the air bag light is on, the air bags will not deploy because the system will be turned off.

lanebandit

I have heard of a hand full of people running into this issue. It makes you wonder if there is a challenge with the materials or if there is an issue when they were put into place.

BamaKaren

TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Unfortunately, that isn't something that you are likely to be able to fix yourself. You will need to find a technician. However, if you don't want to spend a lot of money, you should look into an independent Toyota technician.

Rootie

I am not suggesting you do this as it could compromise your safety... However if one wanted to turn the light off, there is a pretty simple procedure involving a small jumper wire, the airbag fuse and a ignition key sequence. One could probably find a video of this on YouTube

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
If one watched the video ... What would it show? Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

lpfan420

Toyota had a recall for the spiral cable that affected the air bag system. U may look into that as well. It's for the 05+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Toyota had a recall for the spiral cable that affected the air bag system. U may look into that as well. It's for the 05+

Do you have a link perhaps for the recall?

lpfan420

I don't. I was mailed a notice. Ur local toyota dealership should have the info

baconbits2_98

TTC Chicks
Mine did the same thing a few months back and it was indeed the spiral cable. They replaced it and light has never come back on

Related Content You Might Like: