• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Anyone doing a first day hike in your area?

lanebandit

Today is the first day of the year and many state parks are offering guided hiking tours. This is to kick off the new year and encourage people to get outdoors. It is a great fitness option for individuals and families, too.

Hiking can be enjoyable for all ages from young to old. It can be a simple hike or a more complex one depending on your fitness conditions.

Anyone going to a first day hike in your area?

(I posted this once, but did not know where the post went. It seemed to disappear on me.)

James

100 Posts
I jogged three miles today. However, no day hikes in my area. Did you go on a day hike today?

DIY2013

I saw some news media on first day hikes. I honestly had not heard of them until this year.

James, how often do you jog? I used to go jogging nearly every day until I had knee surgery.

Surfer Bob, surfing is something I find intriguing but have never tried it before.

James

100 Posts
DIY2013, I job five days a week.

Do you cycle now, since it doesn't bother the knees?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I thought about doing something like that, but then I decided to sleep in.

BR789

I guess this is a new thing, at least from what I am hearing. There have been a lot of hiking events in our area and bird watching events too. A New Year's thing. Some places are even doing bird counts which I have never heard of the public gathering to do this.

Related Content You Might Like: