• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

97 T100 a/c compressor relay

fsb055

Where is the air conditioner compressor clutch relay on a 97 T-100? I'm not finding it in the fuse/relay box next to the battery.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Can you take a picture of your fuse box? I'l compare that to some of the schematics.

fsb055

Update: is it possible that there is not a dedicated relay just for the compressor clutch? There has to be some sort of switching devise between the controls and compressor, but is it part of a larger multi-function relay?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Not sure, there might be different relays depending on your setup.

Select Trim Level below

Trim Engine Type Fuel Type Engine VIN
T100 Base L4 3RZFE - 2.7 Liter GAS 21-DOHC
T100 DLX V6 5VZFE - 3.4 Liter GAS 20-DOHC
T100 SR5 V6 5VZFE - 3.4 Liter GAS 20-DOHC

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Hmm, not seeing anything. What issues are you having with your unit?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I found on one of the "answers" sites the following.

1997 Toyota T100 AC Relay Location
On left hand side of engine compartment, with the mg-clt on it or 2nd one down on left side from top.

fsb055

I found on one of the "answers" sites the following.

1997 Toyota T100 AC Relay Location
On left hand side of engine compartment, with the mg-clt on it or 2nd one down on left side from top.
That's the one I was looking for - it's not there. I'm wondering if the large relay marked "heater" handles all the HVAC switching functions.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Unplug the heater and see what it does, of course that's going to just be the blower motor in your heater box, maybe could control electronic baffles maybe or more if you have digital temperature control, but for a '97 T-100 I'm guessing that they didn't even offer that as an option.

Related Content You Might Like: