• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

22R block bore size

So I've measured my Bores and they are all 3.642 in. The manual (Haynes) chart shows Bore X stroke should be 3.62X3.5, so I am assuming this has been bored up...so when I order my rings I will need a set that are +.020 is that correct? also I will be honing the cyl...does that typically remove much material? or will I still be looking at cylinders that are 3.642 dia. NO there is NOT a carbon lip at top of cyl.
and one final question...a couple of my rod caps may have gotten mixed up....my helper is NOT sure UGH!!!! is there a way to verify this...The rod and caps were NOT identically numbered to each other when I removed them, so I placed them with their mates but helper was moveing things around and...well the rest is history as they say. what are my options???

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Yes your .020 over.
If your just doing a bore cleaning and laying a crosshatch you shouldnt loose much material, .020 over should be good.
No real way to re pair the mix up. Shouldnt be catastrophic, just do a real good plasti gauge check when reassembling.
Have you thought about using new internal fasteners since this all is torqued and some may have stretched?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Yes cap bolts, oil pump bolts, basicaly any bolt that has a torque.

I hadn't really though of it Im seriously thinking not a a whole lot of miles on this girl, indicated by the lack of carbon lip and overall appearance. any good bolt suppliers for these items?

Any idea what grit hone brush I should use in the cylinders...Im going to use ball flexible type but not sure on the grit size...also one cylinder has a couple linear scratches going up the cylinder appear to be less than .001 of an inch deep, I cant catch my nail on it so I'm confident its VERY shallow. should remove with the hone

Just checkin in on my rebuild. I sent my block to Honest Performance along with pistons for honing and piston fit up...apparently I need to get a larger set of pistons cause mine are no longer gonna fit the honed cyl size so I guess i'll be at +.040 not sure what that will do for me performance waise but it sure is taking a long time...also still waiting on AAmco to get my Trans rebuilt...been over a month now

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Did they need to do more than cross hatch the cylinder walls?
Performance wise I dont believe youll see a real change from factory original. The question will be how much performance change youll see from prior to the rebuild. That depends on how tired the engine was.

cross hatch was all they needed to do but they had a couple scratches in 1 cyl so the crosshatch was required to remove about .002 on cylinders. bore dia to piston wall clearance was at maximum prior to crosshatching so, new piston's needed now

Related Content You Might Like: