• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2015 tacoma has no regular cab version

keakar

I mean what the ....

c'mon guys, if I wanted a 4 door vehicle i'll buy an SUV or a suburban!

no love for us regular cab lovers and its just sad.

my local dealer doesn't even respond when I asked him if he could find me a leftover 2014 regular cab, just crickets chirping like I was asking for something unusual he never heard of.

I guess a buyer who wants a regular cab truck is now forced to go buy something other then a Toyota or pay an extra $2,000 for the extra cab version they don't want.

I have no need or want for extra space behind the seat just to fill up with junk and trash just because its there. the only "real" use for extended cabs was a place to put the boom boxes and that's it.

I feel let down and disrespected by Toyota design team who made this decision, you could have at least left me the option to special order one if I wanted a regular cab. I would never pay an extra $2000 to get an extended cab truck but I would be willing to pay an extra $2000 to get the regular cab if I had to.

at the rate all truck manufacturers are going the 2016's will be full blown 6 door suburbans with 4 foot open trunks they call a bed just so they can still call it a truck

Last edited:

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
You know, I had heard this a couple of years ago actually. Toyota made the decision a few years ago actually.

keakar

You know, I had heard this a couple of years ago actually. Toyota made the decision a few years ago actually.
well if its a slow seller I can understand not having it in the main line they ship to dealers but there is no shortage of enough regular cab buyers to make it still a large enough sales base to warrant still having them as an order only item for commercial or service vehicles and those others who want them

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Toyota has been slowly trimming down their offerings over the last few years.
Even to the point of ending sales on some of their better selling vehicles, look at the decision to stop production on Land Cruisers, it still had high sales stats but instead of getting a makeover that was due it got the axe.
The Tacoma line is due a makeover in the near future, one less model in that line-up saves lots of funding.
In the Toyota world of late this doesnt mean the model wasnt doing well in sales.

keakar

The Tacoma line is due a makeover in the near future, one less model in that line-up saves lots of funding.
well I don't really see how since very little changes are made in the design weather its regular, extended, or crew cabs but I get your point.

still the money saved cant be that much at all since the cabs are going to be the only things not universal to all the models

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I suspect Toyota is betting those that wanted a std cab truck but couldnt get one will either up-sell to the Tundra std cab or up-sell to a Tacoma extra cab.
Each individual model design, ie std cab truck, ex cab truck or crew cab truck, runs a couple million to get from the design tables to the road, add in the cost of model specific replacement parts required to be built and held at dealerships and you can quickly push expenses towards billions.
Balance money spent against the up-sale factor and Toyota probably puts this down as a win for profit margins.

keakar

well I don't think they will go out of business just because they lost a sale to me over this, I was ready to sign on the dotted line for a new 2015 regular cab sr5 but that's there loss.

its off to the used market now as I am set on getting a Tacoma, just a regular cab one and if I have to "settle" for extended cab it better be for the same or less money if they want me to by it because I view extended cabs as a negative not a bonus item.

Related Content You Might Like: