• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2014 tundra vs. 2014 silverado

SharkRider

100 Posts
I know that everyone here loves Toyota, but I thought you might be interested in what the competition is up to. The test drove the 2014 Chevy Silverado crecab.

Overall it offers an outstanding ride. It is easy to get in and out of. I really like the interior.

Now for the negatives: The seats are low with not as much leg support upfront. The power is better and do-able at best vs. older 5.3L engines even with 3.73 rear axle ratio, but still lacks grunt and power off the line, price is way too high as well. Despite there being two inches of more room in the Chevy Silverado compared to the Tundra, the lack of leg support with flat seats not inclined in front of the rear seats is more of a huge downfall than the 2" more the Chevy offers in rear seat legroom.

I talked to the deal, but he just agreed with what I said. The dealer thinks that the Silverado is powerful enough. However it is no tundra and it would be hard to get used to driving the 2014 Silverado. With the Silverado, you will typically get 19-22 mpg on average and is a lot better than the 16/17 that you will get with the Tundra. It seems that many Tundra Crewmax owners don't like that the 2014 rear seats do not recline.

James

100 Posts
The Silverado can not compete with the Tundra when it comes to power. It looks nice on both the inside and outside. It is hard for anyone to come up with a truck better than the Tundra.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I like Chevys, I drive a 2011 Chevy Silverado crewcab, I wouldnt own a 2014 Silverado, to many issues right now.
But this type thing follows almost every model change, waite a few years for a new Silverado, let them work the bugs out.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Right now known issues are:
Recall for possible exhaust fire if left idling to long on 5.3 engines.
Coolant leaks on 5.3 engine.
Rear Eaton lockers having excessive noise and clunking.

Related Content You Might Like: