• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2013 Tacoma. I4 2.7 Low idle?

Stitch

Hello Everyone

I hope everyone had a great hoilday and a happy New year. I have a 2013 Toyota Tacoma. 5250 miles, Bought it new. I dont drive alot as you can see. I4 2.7 std reg cab, auto trans. 4x2. I like the truck alot. I have aways drove cars, so it did take a while to get use to the ride. The only trouble is when I come to stop, at a light, stop sign etc. The idle drops to low, then the motor shakes etc. beside that. I would not have anything else but this tacoma. is there any way that just the idle can be raised, at the ilde only. I did take it to the toyota dealer and they said to give it time for the computer to get use to my driving ways?? It has been better in some ways. But I thought maybe some one here, heard of the same thing, and knew a fix. I do Thank you for your time on this matter. I will be taking it back to the shop in two months, and see what they say then. I will keep everyone updated.
Thanks again
Bless everyone

Stitch

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
If you've got a 2013 with a rough idle ... and it's been happening alot, chances are you either have bad gasoline, or you need to take it to your dealer to have them look at it.

Is the CEL (Check Engine Light) coming on? Is this something that happens all the time when you're driving, or just when it's cold?

Stitch

No Sir. The CEL light does not come on. It happens 99 percent of the time, it is worst in the winter. The dealer did say to give it time, and It had 3000 miles on her then, going to go up there again to see if they can do something. it drops to 500 550 rpm. once I put it in netrual or park the rpm goes up to 750 and the truck smooths out. I did put good gas in it, and no change, I might try the good gas for a month and maybe change to a K+n air filter??? I do Thank you again for your time on this matter.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Nah, it should be smooth and should not be a rough idle. With that low of miles you really should not have to think about something like that.

To answer your question, yes they can raise the idle on the vehicle, it's all computer controlled and just just plug-in and reprogram it. However, they're supposed to do this to spec.

Stitch

Oh Ok! I am starting to understand these new trucks now. Different now with these computer in them. I will take it to my dealer and push it a little more this time, then I did the last time. Thought maybe it would work itself out, but I guess not.
Sir you have a great day, and again Thank you
Stitch

Related Content You Might Like: