• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2008 Tacoma frame replacement

Ericontherocks

Just got back from the dealership to because of a recall to check on the corrosion of the frame. I was told I needed to have the frame replaced. It's a few months waiting, then a 5 days or so to do the job. It's all covered under a recall I'd even get a loaner vehicle. I'm nervous about all the work being done messing my truck up in some way. Anybody had any experience in frame replacement with Toyota?

carsmikew

Just got back from the dealership to because of a recall to check on the corrosion of the frame. I was told I needed to have the frame replaced. It's a few months waiting, then a 5 days or so to do the job. It's all covered under a recall I'd even get a loaner vehicle. I'm nervous about all the work being done messing my truck up in some way. Anybody had any experience in frame replacement with Toyota?
Nothing to worrie about they are know what they are doing :) i had frame replaced ..on 04 before ... but i didnt know that they do this frame replacement on the 05 and newer body style....

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah, several members here have had this done. Shouldn't notice anything different, in fact it might be stiffer and less noises and rattles.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I wasnt aware they were doing a frame recall on 08 model trucks either.
I know a few people that had the previous gen trucks reframed, many just took the great deal offered and used the money to buy a new truck.
This is interesting info as some of my friends used the buyback funds to buy the new gen trucks, Im wondering how their Toyota satisfaction is if they have to bring another truck in for a frame recall.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I would not be concerned at all having the dealer do a frame replacement. They must have a system to check everything before returning the truck. Certainly would be a tedious task on such a new vehicle,,,I know I would have a bushel basket of "left over parts"

Jarred

100 Posts
Haven't heard major complains so far, hope everything goes smooth on their service.

carsmikew

Yeah, several members here have had this done. Shouldn't notice anything different, in fact it might be stiffer and less noises and rattles.
That is great i will have to take the 2006 Tacoma for that recall frame seems to be pretty rusty !

Related Content You Might Like: