• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2008 Sequoia: 130k miles. Should I buy?

Stingray75

Hi all, new to the and potentially new to Toyota. Since my family is expanding I am in need of a vehicle that will fit 2 toddler seats and one infant seat. I found a 2008 Sequoia Limited with 130k miles. It is listed for $19k. Does this look like a decent deal to y'all? I am scheduled to test drive it early next week. If I like it I plan to take it home with me. What sort of things should I be looking for? What advice do y'all have for me? Thanks in advance.

Here is the autotrader link.
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...NDA&searchRadius=50&listingId=381172859&Log=0

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Looks nice, is that what you're looking for? I like the color on that.

Stingray75

It is basically what I am looking for. My commute to work is short so gas milage isn't a big deal. But I don't know enough about Sequoias. My head tells me 130k is a lot of miles. But I also know that Toyota cars can make 300k miles as well. At least know of camary and civic that have. Looking for info from people who know Sequoias.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
the most important issue for any used vehicle purchase is the question has the maintenance been done? I have a mile stay to the right does the vehicle come with any documentation for oil changes, regularly scheduled maintenance but it's been completed, stuff like that? Can you check the carfax someone about the other services like that to see if there's any history of an accident, any history of the repair work being done for maintenance?

Stingray75

The car fax looks good in all respect except the number of miles out on per year. Which is 20k. It lists regular oil changes and the dealership claims they have full service records but haven't been able to head to the deal ship and check the. Out yet. What major items seem to go out on a Sequoia around the 100k miles mark? I figure the timing belt needs to be replaced soon if not done already. Spark plugs? What else?

DIRTYWHITEBOY

Car Fax isn't the end all be all that dealers and private sellers attempt to make them to be. Most local garages DO NOT report to car fax. Dealers, in some circumstances, will not report to car fax damaged vehicles, so they can resell them

case in point. A local dealer bought an auction car that fell in the guidelines of being a "CERTIFIED" vehicle, but it had been in a nasty wreck, and needed body work. The had some guy, off the books, do a crappy job, with sub par paint, patch it up to look good as new. They sold it for top dollar. Not too long after the warranty was up, the paint on the left rear side began to flake and chip really bad. The guy that bought it got lucky when he ended up taking it to the exact same body shop that did the initial work, asking him how the paint was holding up. When he found out what was going on, he called the dealership that screwed him over. They ended up making it right, but the point is, reporting to car fax is all voluntary.

2006 limited bbs

2098 is the new body style. Look at prices between the 2007 and what you are about to pay for a 2008. You need to get that price down or you will end upside down in a year or two.

Buying private will give you better buying power.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
2098 is the new body style. Look at prices between the 2007 and what you are about to pay for a 2008. You need to get that price down or you will end upside down in a year or two.

Buying private will give you better buying power.
There were quite a few differences between these generations of Sequoia, specifically the engine horsepower and towing capability to really give the newer generation a lot more potential buyers as the vehicle will also maybe see a longer life.

Related Content You Might Like: