• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2007 Tacoma Extra Cab 4X4 Leveling Kit Question.

CALFIREman

Ok. So I need your help. I have an '07 Tacoma Extra Cab 4X4 with a 2.5" leveling kit installed by Les Schwab Tires. All other suspension components are stock. The ride is really stiff and I would like to soften it up with some different shocks. Any suggestions or recommendations? I want something good but not super expensive. Thanks.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Shocks wont soften the ride, the ride is determined by the spring rate.
Even in a coilover system the spring rate determines ride stiffness or softness while shocks handle rebound rates.
Leveling kits usually pre load the springs making them ride stiffer.
Try looking at lift kits or lift springs, Roughcountry used to sell softride 2.5 lift springs which may be exactly what your looking for.
They would replace your factory springs and leveling kit and allow a softer rate with the height you want.

GearHead

100 Posts
Once again, thanks tb for answering a question I would have had trouble trying to explain. CALFIREman, welcome to the forum!

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Shocks wont soften the ride, the ride is determined by the spring rate.
Even in a coilover system the spring rate determines ride stiffness or softness while shocks handle rebound rates.
Leveling kits usually pre load the springs making them ride stiffer.
Try looking at lift kits or lift springs, Roughcountry used to sell softride 2.5 lift springs which may be exactly what your looking for.
They would replace your factory springs and leveling kit and allow a softer rate with the height you want.

This is a great advise..

Related Content You Might Like: