• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2003 sequoia won't move in any mode.

Leuelliot

Hello all. I have a 2003 Toyota sequoia. yesterday while reversing on dry asphalt I had wheel spin. After halting the truck it won't move in 2wd or 4wd it just makes a loud whining or grinding noise. Tried to Tow it with another truck but the rear wheels where making a clanking noise and locked up after a few feet. Prior to this incident the check engine, vsc off and vsc Trac light have been permanently on. Please I need help.

Leuelliot

I just looked under this morning and found a cable that plugs into what I think is the Center differential unplugged. I plugged it in but it still didn't move

Leuelliot

Update* it was a trashed transmission. i had to replace the entire transmission and rear axle, it cost an arm too, N920,000 local currency. which is $5500

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
What type of currency is that? What caused the transmission to go out?

Leuelliot

Its Nigerian Naira. The dealer said there wasn't any oil in the rear axle when they checked so I'm guessing it had something to do with the axles locking up while i was reversing which most likely damaged the gears

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Welcome to the site for sure. That's really far away from where I'm at in Texas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Leuelliot

Thanks Toyotafan.
i have been experiencing poor mileage. I bought the SUV two years ago at (179k miles), the 4wd never worked as far as i could tell although i never had real need for it until 8 months ago when i got stuck in mud, i decided to give it a go and i got the blinking orange light which means its still on its engaging journey, i had to be towed out. i noticed the vsc trac and vsc off check engine light come on about a week later. its been parked since that incident until December last year. I used two full tanks of gas for less than 180 miles no kidding. i got it scanned and theses popped up p0031 and p0051, i took it to a guy who said I should replace the catalytic converter on the right side, the muffler and all 4 O2 sensors costing over N200,000 ($1100+). he said to change the converter as its responsible for the poor mileage, i thought it should have set off a code if it was faulty? what do I do? I need to be sure that the converter is bad before i shell out that much for a new one. Are there any diy methods of testing them?

Last edited:

James

100 Posts
It appears that you have bough a lemon. It might be cheaper, just to purchase another truck. Continuously putting money in a terrible truck is fighting a losing battle. However, I wish you luck with improving the gas mileage and getting your truck in working order.

Related Content You Might Like: