• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2001 Limited Toyota Sequoia

Manny

I'm having an electrical problem, my daylight quit working, can not control all passengers windows and doors from driver side, can not control rear window and door and wiper, side mirrors defogger not working all happened at the same time, I do not want to bring it to Toyota dealer they charge arm and leg. Is there any body has the same problem.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Bummer. what's your year make model? Any other issues? How many miles on it? Also are you the original owner and does it have a clear title or salvage title or something else?

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
clearly this is an electrical issue. I am going to just flat out assume that you've checked all of the fuses, and modules to make sure that they are seated properly.

Manny

Yes I checked all fuses and my 2001 limited sequoia only has 76,560 miles I'm the original owner and never have an accident, low miles and garage kept.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Is it throwing any codes? Is the cel (check engine light) on?

You might try to take it to a major auto parts store like an Autozone or something similar to have them check for codes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
That sounds horrible. hopefully there wasn't a major short or electrical fire something under the dash

James

100 Posts
Unfortunately, it looks like you will need to take it to the garage. I hope you know an affordable mechanic in the area.

Manny

there is no check engine light going on, first I thought there is no power going but I can control it individually just can't control it at driver side, I brought it to auto zone all they see is my alternator going bad but that's not my major problem, I told the guy I'm having electrical problem but he said that's the only code showing.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Electrical issues like this are pretty frustrating. It might be money well spent to have it looked at. I like to give them guidelines like "spend only 1 hour and report back to me" ... sounds like you either have a central module failure or just a bunch of failed components all at the same time.

Manny

I might just go look for a good shop that will fix my sequoia, just can"t do it at the dealer when I asked about my problem they are talking about charging me $90/ problem (window,door, rear wiper and hatch door, side mirror defog, daylight running light) that's already 6 problems I got and that's only for diagnose. I just want to know if there is a connection with ECM and my electrical problems? 'coz I received a letter last year about a lawsuit against Toyota about my sequoia's ECM only with a certain VIN no. like mine.

Manny

Last week I was just messing with all the fuses and relays and suddenly everything works but only for a day and try doing it again but no luck and I'm thinking of spraying it with a electronic contact spray see if it will help or who can tell me how to test a relay if it's still good?

James

100 Posts
Manny, where do you live. Maybe someone here can recommend someone who has their own garage that can help you.

However, if you continue to play around, you will probably eventually find the electrical problem. Fixing a truck is often times simply trial and error.

Manny

Manny, where do you live. Maybe someone here can recommend someone who has their own garage that can help you.

However, if you continue to play around, you will probably eventually find the electrical problem. Fixing a truck is often times simply trial and error.
I'm from Virginia Beach, VA

BamaKaren

TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Manny, sorry, I don't know anyone from Virginia Beach. Maybe another member of this forum knows someone in that area.

Manny

nice weather today, only on 50'sF and I start working on my Sequoia problem, I took all my relay and fuses out and sprayed 3M electronic cleaner and the good news is now I got my problem fix and hope it will last. Now I do not have to go to a shop.

Related Content You Might Like: