• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2 or 4 wheel drive when getting a FJ Cruiser?

bebtunes

100 Posts
I think 4 wheel will be better since it could be good in snow, mud and when there is a lot of rain in some areas. 2 wheels is good for like the beach to get around when you need it

Stuart

It depends on where do you intend to drive. If you plan to drive mostly in the city, 4 wheel drive would be pointless. You'd just get a poor mpg. However, if you plan to go off road a lot, 4 wheel drive is the way to go.

supernovax3

100 Posts
I think it just depends on the climate you live in and how often you intend to use it for recreation. Is it a daily driver in a warm climate? 2WD for sure. Does it snow a lot where you live? Is this a vehicle you'll use primarily for mudding or offroading? I'd suggest 4WD then.

Yoda2

I never put it in 4WD unless it is stuck or I anticipate it will get stuck. I had an 03 LandCruiser with Full time 4WD, didn't drive much differently than my vehicles that drove in 2. We don't have snow and Ice here but even then I'd probably still run in 2WD unless there just was some ungroomed roads ahead.. like a Mountain Pass in Colorado or something, not cruising through downtown after the plows have all passed through.

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
I agree with everyone else. You need to ask yourself how and where you will be driving it. When I lived up North I had a 4WD drive vehicles and the only times I used it was for getting stuck in snow.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Getting the 4WD FJ Cruiser if you are living in the country that snow, but 2WD is enough in the tropical areas... :)

Related Content You Might Like: