• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

1989 22RE A/C

mxgeezer

Help! I bought a 1989 22RE single cab 4x4 California (NO RUST) pickup without factory air. I can't seem to find an aftermarket kit and am currently trying to peace it all together. Anybody have any advice or leads on parts? I'm in Texas and don't want it to be a winter only driver. Thanks in advance!
IMG_2504.jpg

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Vintage air doesn't have something? Worse case, you should be able to get a lot of parts at the junk yard, and replace what's old with new parts. (E.G. compressor, EVAP core, lines, condenser core, ect) the wiring and vents you can pull from a donner truck.

mxgeezer

Weatherford. Vintage air was one of the places I contacted and they said they only make pre 1984 systems. I found a doner truck in a Houston junk yard that has the whole evaporator core with heater core and fan motor for $300. I'm going down there Tuesday and see what else I can poach off of it. That core and the compressor mounting bracket are what I'm most concerned with. There is a orphan electrical plug right behind where the compressor sits and another right beside the heater core and I'm assuming those are from the factory. Wish me luck.

mxgeezer

The body work on the bed is horrendous so instead of paying to straighten it out I'm thinking about selling the bed (no rust), or maybe just keeping it and fabbing a flat bed. The rest of the truck will get painted.

Related Content You Might Like: