• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

03 tundra leaf springs

russtee1

i have recently noticed i have some broken leaf springs on my 03 tundra it has a v6 i use my truck for work and am constantly hauling heavy equipment. The factory springs worked out all right but since i have to replace them i was wondering if i could go with a bigger size. Would that effect changing other parts like springs shocks ect. I was looking at some small lift kits on jc whitney but a little scared to purchase not knowing if this is a good idea or not. I haven really looked that closely into what i have to do to change the leaf springs but with a quick look it didnt look that hard to do. I am not a truck mechanic by any means but i have done my fair share of work on other vechiles so am sure i can handle it. Any suggestions would be very appreciated espically what size and where do i get them

5.7yotafan

100 Posts
I would go aftermarket instead of OEM or junkyard parts, they'll probably be stronger. As far as replacing them, its not too bad, hardest part will be getting the bolts off, I'm sure they've got corrosion on them by now, you'll definately want to replace the bushings (you prob won't have a choice) and I'd spend the extra money and get the uretheyne (spelled wrong I'm sure) bushings, they'll last a lot longer!

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
I would get a set of springs built they aint that pricey plus if you want a little bit of lift they can build that in to the leaf pack so you want have to use blocks now for your question about shocks it depends on how much lift you want cause the oem shocks will more in likey be to short. As 5.7yotafan said I would go with the urathane bushings but make sure you lube the bushings before installing or they will squeak on you

TruckBoy

Same here, I would recommend after-marked parts from Toyota and maybe even a good service center to do the up-grade. It is crucial to have the lift done perfectly because doing it wrong will greatly affect the handling of your truck and might compromise safety on the road.

tarheel

I would go aftermarket instead of OEM or junkyard parts
I don't agree with the OEM part of the statement, but he is dead on about junkyard parts. I know a lot of people who have done this as a cost savings, and it always ends bad. These are parts with an unknown history and some length of life already taken out of them. Using that kind of part, you are flying blind.

jimmyno

When i gave my Tundra a lift, I used an aftermarket. So far, it never gave me any problems or anything.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
i have recently noticed i have some broken leaf springs on my 03 tundra it has a v6 i use my truck for work and am constantly hauling heavy equipment. The factory springs worked out all right but since i have to replace them i was wondering if i could go with a bigger size. Would that effect changing other parts like springs shocks ect. I was looking at some small lift kits on jc whitney but a little scared to purchase not knowing if this is a good idea or not. I haven really looked that closely into what i have to do to change the leaf springs but with a quick look it didnt look that hard to do. I am not a truck mechanic by any means but i have done my fair share of work on other vechiles so am sure i can handle it. Any suggestions would be very appreciated espically what size and where do i get them

Hi! any updates, How did you get this figured out?

Related Content You Might Like: