• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

O2 sensor DIY?

Bruce Colbert

I'm getting an intermittent Check Engine light that diagnoses as engine running lean. I thought I would take a look at the DIY manual and it looks like the 2005 Sequoia 4WD has 4 sensors?(!)

Any advice on approach to finding if one of those might be the issue?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I've replaced a few O2 sensons in my time. Some have been easy and some are a PITA to even get access to. What code is it throwing? I can't remember how specitic they get as to being able to tell you which sensor is going out.

I'm getting an intermittent Check Engine light that diagnoses as engine running lean. I thought I would take a look at the DIY manual and it looks like the 2005 Sequoia 4WD has 4 sensors?(!)

Any advice on approach to finding if one of those might be the issue?
Go to AutoZone or most any Auto Parts Store....They will read your "Check Engine" Code and can tell you what O2 Sensor is faulty, where it is and a list of several replacement parts to fix it...ALL FREE.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Good advice, a lot of people forget that they can pull into just about any of the major auto parts stores and they will scan your OBD-II codes for free.

dirtydeeds

Gold Vendor
100 Posts
Definitely get the code. Let's make sure you really need an 02 sensor.

Feel free to give a call with any questions.

Keith 760-877-4234

Related Content You Might Like: