• Check out the new Highlander Hybrid.

Busted by TSA ~ swiss army knife

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
So we were in Las Vegas last week, and had to go to McCarran airport to meet a blind friend and her service dog. My wife had a "gate pass" so she could go to the gate and meet her, but I did not. Well, American Airlines let me go to the gate too. Cool, I thought. But, I forgot I had my small Swiss Army knife in my pocket and TSA confiscated it. Hey, it's their job and I'm glad we have them. Not worth trying to mess with storing it somewhere & we had taken a cab to the airport, so no car.

I get home and go on eBay to find another knife. There are hundreds--no, THOUSANDS--of TSA confiscated Swiss Army knives on eBay. Some in lots of 45 (or more) knives and some are dirt cheap. I haven't bought one--or more--yet, but I have several on my watch list. Heck, if I waited a few weeks, I could buy my old knife back. Wait, it was at least 15 years old and ugly, but it was a good friend.

Funny stuff.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
So we were in Las Vegas last week, and had to go to McCarran airport to meet a blind friend and her service dog. My wife had a "gate pass" so she could go to the gate and meet her, but I did not. Well, American Airlines let me go to the gate too. Cool, I thought. But, I forgot I had my small Swiss Army knife in my pocket and TSA confiscated it. Hey, it's their job and I'm glad we have them. Not worth trying to mess with storing it somewhere & we had taken a cab to the airport, so no car.

I get home and go on eBay to find another knife. There are hundreds--no, THOUSANDS--of TSA confiscated Swiss Army knives on eBay. Some in lots of 45 (or more) knives and some are dirt cheap. I haven't bought one--or more--yet, but I have several on my watch list. Heck, if I waited a few weeks, I could buy my old knife back. Wait, it was at least 15 years old and ugly, but it was a good friend.

Funny stuff.
You have a link? Good prices? Lol

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Hey, this is a thing. All sorts of "TSA" lots for sale on Ebay.

I need a good camping hatchet. I'll keep looking. They have tons of stuff.

Screenshot_20191006-171614_Chrome.jpg

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Seems like they cherry pick the best knives to sell 1off and they sell cheaper knives in bulk.

Related Content You Might Like: