2019 Toyata Tacoma shortbed ~ WTB Truck Cap

Broske

TTC Chicks
hey all
Just got a new 2019 Tacoma 4 door shortbed- wanted to ask around if anyone has an opinion on best truck cap for the back? Been looking at leer and snugtop. Any thoughts?
Thank you

tbplus10

Staff member
Platinum Member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I've owned numerous Tops, Caps, Shell's or whatever you want to call them, on many different trucks, the two you mentioned are probably some of the best on the market for any model truck. Just beware while those two may be more expensive than others they worked hard for their reputations giving quality service and products along with good warranty repair. Personal opinion is choose one of those two and you cant go wrong, there are many imitations with cheaper prices on the market.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
Platinum Member
100 Posts
Community Leader
I've owned several Leer caps over the years and my opinion is that their quality can vary greatly. Some were fine, while others leaked, creaked and were a basic PITA.

Right now I have a SnugTop on my 2002 Tundra (up for sale BTW) that dates back to 2002. Aside from the paint's clearcoat flaking off in a few places, it seems like a very good cap/cover/shell. Heck, and this recommendation is for a 17 year old shell.

T4.JPG

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
Platinum Member
1000 Posts
hey all
Just got a new 2019 Tacoma 4 door shortbed- wanted to ask around if anyone has an opinion on best truck cap for the back? Been looking at leer and snugtop. Any thoughts?
Thank you
Lets see some pics please.

Tony TRD

Lets see some pics please.
Here is a photo of my 01 Dodge Ram 2500 with a Leer Browning edition cap, the cap was bought in July of 01 and the truck and cap were sold together back in February. It was the best cap I have ever owned. The only real issue was the high mount brake light would take in water and destroy the LEDs. The cap had every option that Leer offered at the time. I have slept in the bed of that truck in November up in the NY Catskill mountains with a Honda generator and electric heater. Those were good times. You don’t need much to do a lot! The replacement Taco is a good truck if Toyota installed a Diesel then it would be a great truck !! Oh well.
FA99C41E-2CF7-4DE5-AD10-22DEE82F6979.jpeg

Tony TRD

Here is a photo of my 01 Dodge Ram 2500 with a Leer Browning edition cap, the cap was bought in July of 01 and the truck and cap were sold together back in February. It was the best cap I have ever owned. The only real issue was the high mount brake light would take in water and destroy the LEDs. The cap had every option that Leer offered at the time. I have slept in the bed of that truck in November up in the NY Catskill mountains with a Honda generator and electric heater. Those were good times. You don’t need much to do a lot! The replacement Taco is a good truck if Toyota installed a Diesel then it would be a great truck !! Oh well.View attachment 8616
81E726B1-D655-4959-B7E5-5C8E86223E92.jpeg

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
Platinum Member
1000 Posts
hey all
Thank you
Did you get one?