• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Why Do Some People Love Airstream Trailers So Much?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
So the Airstream is really cool, but with no slides and being really cramped ... worth the money?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
My parents owned a few Airstreams over the years, they loved the quality of the trailer, amenities Airstream was offering way before other mfgrs, and fuel mileage Airstreams made possible.
But they also complained about lack of slideouts, lack of overhead storage space, and headroom for taller people.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
So they made slides for a couple years then stopped. I mean Nearly 60 grand for a 19' trailer. Something clearly of lesser quality you can get a 25' unit for $20000, maybe a nice 25 footer of equal quality, non sir stream, for 30 to 35000. Just the huge difference in price is my issue.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
They stopped making slides because of leak issues and wind noise on the highway.
My parents last Airstream had 2 slideouts that leaked right up to the day Airstream bought it back from them.
It also had an annoying whistle you could hear in the truck cab at speeds over 50 mph.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I read online that they stopped in 2008 when trailer sales tanked with the economic decline and unlike other manufacturers slides were a small % of sales. I agree, slides are a simple but heavy way to get extra interior room, but are a significant cause for problems.

Related Content You Might Like: