• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Why did you pick your Tacoma over another choice?

I’m not a truck guy and in a tight spot at work (I work for an ad agency that works for Toyota but a newbie).

I’ve been assigned the task of explaining all the reasons why Tacoma owners picked a Tacoma over other choices — especially in “truck countries” like Texas, and OK — although I'm thinking there isn't much difference where you live. As a New Yorker, don’t want to mess this up.

I’m responsible for the real reasons real people pick Tacoma and not the reasons corporate people think. I've got to share what I learned in a meeting and look like I know what I'm talking about. So I figured why not ask.

(Mods) Is this kind of think O.K. or is it not cool? Just trying to be smart, you know? Apologies if this is out of line. I asked the same of Tundra owners and they were awesome helping out. Thx all!

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Your not out of place asking, at all. Im from south Louisiana, so, yes we are truck people. I drive a 97 Chevy that is my baby. Its in show room condition, and on the verge of being a classic. My wife drives a 2004, 4 runner, and we just bought a 2010 Tacoma for my son who wrecked his 2008 Ram quad cab. The Tacoma is a base model, single cab, with a 4 cylinder. Here is the draw, that pulled us towards the Tacoma. Its a Toyota. If you want a vehicle that you can depend on, then get a Toyota. If you want a vehicle that will last well past 300,000 miles, then get a Toyota. If you want a vehicle that you dont have to work on, then get a Toyota. Yes regular maintenance is a must, but Toyota's just dont brake down. They also hold there value very well. And then to top all of that, being the 4 cylinder, it will get grate fuel millage.

JayH1947

Like Kenny the welder said, it's a Toyota. I bought my 2000 Tacoma SR5 stepside new. 256000 miles later it runs great. Left rear wheel bearing and that's about it. Well transmission died at 218000 but that's because I hauled ALL my daughters household to a new house. The trailer was piled as high as we could reach. Not Toyota's fault at all. I just over worked it for 200000 miles and a super full trailer 6 times did it in...........Jay

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
I currently drive a Tundra, but have owned several Tacomas & 4Runners over the years. Why do I buy Toyotas? Simple, reliability and dependability combined with off-road capability. Yeah, some competitors offer bigger or faster engines, but The Toyota V6 is almost bullet-proof., just a bit slow though.

therealmccloud

I picked up my 2021 Tacoma Sport last week. Love it! Just passed 400 miles on the ODO. Here are my reasons for ordering a Taco.

Tangibles
1. I wanted a new truck and I absolutely wanted a manual transmission. That narrows the field. 4x4 or 4x2 was not even very important. I just wanted three pedals. Another couple of years that option will probably vanish. So, it was Tacoma or Gladiator and Gladiators just seem like not enough truck for the price (this is only my opinion). AND I don't particularly care about removable doors, top, Jeep-esque selling points. Also, my Tacoma comes with a great set of standard features, and some useful options, and I'm still in a budget zone that makes me happy, so I am getting good bang for my truck-buck. BTW the dealer had to search far and wide for a 6-speed but they did find one.
2. 1.9% financing for qualified buyers (this is actually what hooked me in the very beginning). That's me. And the dealer experience was largely BS free and positive.
3. We have a small camper, 3300 lbs. or so. We use it every now and then. I wanted to be able to tow it (and the Gladiator with the manual has unimpressive towing stats compared to the Tacoma).
4. Have a look at resale for late model Tacomas. Persuasive.

Intangibles
5. I had a '94 SR5 back in '94 and I remember it fondly as a fun and reliable vehicle.
6. My dad had a Supra back in the day. Fun, reliable and that 3.0 straight six was awesome.
7. So #5 and #6 mean some kind of brand loyalty or, rather, that I trust the brand's quality. The reputation is there.
8. There's a solid feeling to the truck and I simply feel like I can do anything in it. It's fun!

Attachments

Last edited:

ChiefTRDSport

Just happen to notice this posting. I drive a 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport with the 6-speed manual. I now have over 31,000 miles on it and many more to go. Have no problem at all and love the handling of the Sport. Reliability, dependability, and made in the USA - Texas.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Just thought I would up date this post and add a few pics. The Tacoma has been a grate truck so far, and Im sure it will continue to be. So my son has had his Tacoma for a little over 1 year now. We did things to improve the base models baseness. We added bucket seats, went through the front end, and put a new set of tires, and a camper top. He likes a camper top. Here are the pics. He loves His truck.
20201107_110332.jpg
20201107_104707.jpg
20201017_171804.jpg
20201017_171744.jpg
Screenshot_2020-08-09-09-08-45.png

I’m not a truck guy and in a tight spot at work (I work for an ad agency that works for Toyota but a newbie).

I’ve been assigned the task of explaining all the reasons why Tacoma owners picked a Tacoma over other choices — especially in “truck countries” like Texas, and OK — although I'm thinking there isn't much difference where you live. As a New Yorker, don’t want to mess this up.

I’m responsible for the real reasons real people pick Tacoma and not the reasons corporate people think. I've got to share what I learned in a meeting and look like I know what I'm talking about. So I figured why not ask.

(Mods) Is this kind of think O.K. or is it not cool? Just trying to be smart, you know? Apologies if this is out of line. I asked the same of Tundra owners and they were awesome helping out. Thx all!
its verry simple when america builds a truck as good as toyota then we"ll see but the answer short and sweet is depenability

Related Content You Might Like: