• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Where do you fill up most?

Britanica

TTC Chicks
I am curious about this. My husband will only go to BP and refuses all other gas stations where I tend to just go where ever has the cheapest. Where do you fill up most? Do you have a preference?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm usually filling up at quiktrip these days or racetrack filling stations in the dfw area.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I have a few high volume stations I use in my area. So which ever one has the best price that I'm driving by I will use to fill up.

Since I haul fuel for a living I know all fuel is coming from the same tanks/lines. The only difference is branded fuels usually add their own additives. I add my own gas treatments at each oil change so I'm not worried about keeping the fuel system clean. The GasBuddy app helps - I use it all the time.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I have a few high volume stations I use in my area. So which ever one has the best price that I'm driving by I will use to fill up.

Since I haul fuel for a living I know all fuel is coming from the same tanks/lines. The only difference is branded fuels usually add their own additives. I add my own gas treatments at each oil change so I'm not worried about keeping the fuel system clean. The GasBuddy app helps - I use it all the time.
That's a whole nother discussion. What additives do you see doing the most good or are the most popular?

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
............... What additives do you see doing the most good or are the most popular?
All I can add to that is I switch between a handful of stations when I fill up, so I can't really answer that exactly. Since I'm not brand specific and use both branded & unbranded, I do see benefits from each retailer. My plugs are clean burning along with exhaust.

Main thing is to get gas from a high volume dealer to avoid moisture build up in tanks, lines, & filters.

TDave

100 Posts
If I'm around Costco, I'll fill up there, but I don't normally drive just to get that full tank of gas. A lot of the grocery chains around here have discounts on gas if you buy a lot of groceries. That sometimes can help quite a bit, saving 17-20 cents a gallon.

I was going to do some investigation though if those are really good deals or not though.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
I use Murphy oil (walmart )gas. I use to use Chevron, but my 97 Chevy truck has been tuned to only run premium gas. Chevron was giving me some piston slap, So one day for S&G I filled up @ the Walmart station. To my surprise, no more piston slap, so I have been using it ever sense. My 4 runner has always had Walmart gas in it.

Related Content You Might Like: