• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

What size engine does the 99 toyota tundra have?

toyotaman

Can someone tell me what size engine the toytota tundra 99 truck has? Im going to be going to a wrecking yard soon to find a used one for my father in laws truck. What are some things I should stear clear of at a pick and pull place for toyota truck parts?

Camreviews

Copied from wikipedia
Engine choices available in the Tundra were a 24V 3.4-liter V6 engine that produced 190 horsepower (140 kW) and 220 lb·ft (298 N·m) of torque and an LEV certified 32 valve 4.7-liter "i-Force" V8 engine that produced 245 horsepower (183 kW) and 315 lb·ft (427 N·m) of torque. A Toyota Racing Development (TRD) supercharger was already available for the 3.4-liter V6 (2000-2003 models) that bumped horsepower to the 260 horsepower (190 kW) range and 260 lb·ft (350 N·m) of torque. TRD introduced a second supercharger for the V8 (2000-2003 models) engine late into its second year of production that pushed the V8 numbers to the mid 300 horsepower (220 kW) range and torque to the 400 lb·ft (540 N·m) range. Although the V6 supercharger is still widely available, the V8 supercharger is rarer and harder to find because TRD stopped its production once Toyota released the updated VVT-i equipped 4.7-liter engine.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
The 99 Tundra has either the 3.4 V-6 or the 4.7 V-8
The V-8 was the far popular choice of engine for this truck and more than likely you'll find more of them in the yards.
There arent any widespread issues with either engine.
If your looking for the V-6 you can also source one from a Tacoma, same exact engine.
Probably the only requirement I'd look for is the lowest mileage I could find.

balihaisen

100 Posts
I think you just have to ask the bone yard attendant. He can show you were their old trucks are salvaged.

altavas

So should be careful with this one. Or else, instead of having a good truck, you might end up scratching your head.

gladden

But with good custom shops, they will always find a way to fit it in. Whatever size your engine is. Theere are plenty of chop shop experts that can do this trick.

Related Content You Might Like: