• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

What Plans Do You Have For Your Toyota Truck In 2018?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
What does everyone have planned for their Toyota truck for the year 2018? Accessories? Cleanup? Just a really good wash and wax?

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Not only the Tacoma -- but 4 other vehicles need a good washing and waxing. :confused: I don't really like to wax....... Since it's 1* this morning, guess it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah, this has been a cold (and flu ridden) start to the year already.

gene

My Dad left his truck with a abused paint job. Since I can't afford a new paint job, I need to buff it out, but I'm afraid I'd make it worse.

I also want to fix the shell's door lock, and replace the gas-lifters.

What does everyone have planned for their Toyota truck for the year 2018? Accessories? Cleanup? Just a really good wash and wax?

Jimbo's toy

My Dad left his truck with a abused paint job. Since I can't afford a new paint job, I need to buff it out, but I'm afraid I'd make it worse.

Up here in New Hampshire when spring finally does get here, washing the underside of your truck is very important. Its kinda uncomfortable laying on the ground with a pressure washer. But you gotta get rid of the salt and sand build up. Plus I also love to wash and wax my truck.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts

How do you plan to buff it out?

gene

I could use a power buffer, but I'm afraid with my level of in-experience, I'd make it worse.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I could use a power buffer, but I'm afraid with my level of in-experience, I'd make it worse.
I know what you mean. Put a power buffer in my hand and I can do some damage. :confused:

Rusty Yota

Picture?

YoSoyFiesta

I have a 2014 Tacoma, that's been under the Pine so far this Winter. I moved it into the Garage and have to do some Pine Sap removal.. I did buy an 86 RET 4x4 , im doing all the Gaskets, putting newer shocks and Springs on it. She was already lifted, so that's what im working with.. lifted on 32z.. I have now thought of a name for her while I was on this Thread.. Her name is JOSIE

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Looks like selling her might be what plans I have for my Toyota truck this year. I've come to the realization she's sitting idle much more than she should be.

Brett Roar

Just bought a 2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road. First order of business is I plan to change out the grille with a new TRD Pro grille (if I can find one), change over to the TRD Pro wheels and was thinking about a 2 inch lift kit. Any idea what the lift kit would do to my warranty? :). I’ve read conflicting comments. I know what the official manufacturer stance is (DONT DO IT!), but I’ve also read a few posts that say a 2 inch lift would likely not be a problem. Thoughts? If I’m rehashing old conversation... sorry about that as I’m a newbie.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
............Any idea what the lift kit would do to my warranty?..............
You do not void your entire warranty by installing a lift or any other modifications. You could void a warranty claim if your lift directly damaged or caused failure to another part -- and there has to be proof your lift caused the damage or failure. For example: If your valve covers started leaking warranty cannot be denied because you installed a lift.

Some dealers are easier to work with than others when it comes to modding a vehicle. Lots of people are lifting their trucks with no issues.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I guess my 2018 plans for my 99 Tacoma TRD include rebuilding the 5vzfe engine.
She blew oil past the rings and out the pipes and bent 2 valves on the left bank, and theres a nasty knocking sound in the bottom end that says the rod bearings need attention too.
Its only 138,000 miles, but I've had a supercharger on it since 10k and running fuel mods and an h20/alcohol mix since 18k.
I never really pushed it hard but I knew running the fuel mix it did have higher compression.

Brett Roar

You do not void your entire warranty by installing a lift or any other modifications. You could void a warranty claim if your lift directly damaged or caused failure to another part -- and there has to be proof your lift caused the damage or failure. For example: If your valve covers started leaking warranty cannot be denied because you installed a lift.

Some dealers are easier to work with than others when it comes to modding a vehicle. Lots of people are lifting their trucks with no issues.
Tha

Thanks for the reply.

Related Content You Might Like: