• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

What Is The Tundra Tss Truck Sport Series Special Edition Package?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
20181013_182312.jpg

2017 Toyota Tundra SR5 CrewMax TSS Sport Series Special Edition Components

TSS SPORTS SERIES OVERVIEW
There's not a lot posted about the Tundra TSS Sports Series package online, and it seems to change a bit each year, so I'll share a bit about what you'll get on the 2017 Tundra and others can chime on on what the TSS package offers on other model years.

IT'S NOT THE TRD PACKAGE
First, the TSS package is NOT the TRD package. Just making this clear.

The TSS is generally an upgraded appearance package with wheel & tire, running-board, exhaust tips and maybe (maybe-not) fender flare upgrades added to the truck.

The TRD package includes wheels and tires more geared for heavier off-road use, Bilstein shocks, extra skid plates and other things designed for using your truck off-road.

IT'S A GULF STATES PACKAGE
So this is a regional package mostly for Texas, but also covering the other gulf states areas. I forget how far over this goes but at Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas. It's roughly about 15% of all Toyota sales for the US and from what I've heard about 40% to 50% of all passenger truck sales.

2017 Toyota Tundra TSS Sports Series Package Included
  • 20 Inch Tire & Machined Face Alloy Wheels with Painted Black Pockets
  • 5 Inch Chrome Oval Tube Steps
  • Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip
  • Carpet Floor Mats (with Tundra/TSS logo - I don't know mine were removed and they're giving me all-weather Tundra badged mats as part of the deal)
  • TSS Sport Series Bed Decal
20181015_102412.jpg
20181015_102428.jpg
20181015_102451.jpg
20181015_102436.jpg

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
I've never seen such a package offered for sale (as new) here in Colorado. But, the Gulf States region has been doing this stuff for years--coming up with wheel/tire upgrade packages & some bling and then selling at inflated prices.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I think mostly it's the wheel/tire package and the stainless tips, etc. OEM factory wheel & tire packages are no joke expensive. Haven't had a chance to really do anything yet that needs 4WD.

Related Content You Might Like: