• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

What Happen if your engine has plenty of oil but never change it

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
never-changed-oil-1.jpg

The Body needs blood and water, and the engine needs oil. Without it, the engine mechanism will not function.

The oil is very important in your engine for lubrication. It makes the metals press against metal without any damage. A good example is, it lubricates the pistons as they move up and down in the cylinders. Without oil, the metal-on-metal friction creates so much heat that eventually the surfaces weld themselves together and the engine seizes. Which is not good if you're trying to get somewhere. On the other hand, if you want someone else not to get somewhere, then draining the oil out of his or her engine is an effective roadblock!

What Happen if your engine has plenty of oil but never change it. Here is two possible things will happen:

-Dirt in the oil will accumulate. The oil filter will remove the dirt for a while, but eventually the oil filter will clog and the dirty oil will automatically bypass the filter through a relief valve. Dirty oil is thick and abrasive, so it causes more wear.

-Additives in the oil like detergents, dispersants, rust-fighters and friction reducers will wear out, so the oil won't lubricate as well as it should.

Eventually, as the oil gets dirtier and dirtier, it will stop lubricating and the engine will quickly wear and fail. Don't worry, this isn't going to happen if you forget to change your oil one month and it goes over the recommended change interval by 500 miles. You would have to run the same oil through the engine for a long time -- many thousands of miles -- before it caused catastrophic failure.

dirtydeeds

Gold Vendor
100 Posts
ha, my mom owned an old Nissan Sentra when I was a kid (after parents got divorced) she would check and add oil as needed. But NEVER changed. Didn't know she had to. haha

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
ha, my mom owned an old Nissan Sentra when I was a kid (after parents got divorced) she would check and add oil as needed. But NEVER changed. Didn't know she had to. haha
What happened to it? I knew someone who had an old 70s fiat spyder in the 90s and no oil change places in the us could get the oil plug off (or so I was told)

dirtydeeds

Gold Vendor
100 Posts
After like 5 years the conversation came up at Chrismas. My uncle told her she had to not just check it but change it. So she did. The car was fine. By this time I was in high school and I helped her sell the car and she got something newer.

Related Content You Might Like: