• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

What do you like about the Toyota 4Runner?

BamaKaren

TTC Chicks
100 Posts
What is your favorite thing about the Toyota 4Runner?

I like that it is roomy inside. Also it has good towing capability.

Cali4rnr

100 Posts
That its so rugged and reliable. It has taken us on long road trips, conquered tough black diamond trails and then got us back home.

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
Comfortable seats and ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you all have one? I've been thinking of moving to a 4Runner instead of a pickup just for the extra covered space in the rear as I don't use my truck as a truck much anymore.

Hanau

My wife drives it mainly; I drive the Tacoma. It's comfortable, the windows provide excellent 360 visibility and it has a backup camera. It's a forgiving vehicle so potholes are not a problem it soaks up bumps easily.

Hanau

The only thing is my wife is 5'4" so it's kind of hard to get into since it has 9 or so inches of ground clearance. Side steps should remedy that. Also make sure you get 4x4.

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
i think that i'm going to have to do a test drive in the near future. i've heard from other people that it does a really good job with rough roads, but that it's rougher on smooth pavement than you might otherwise expect just because it's designed for offroad use.

Hanau

i think that i'm going to have to do a test drive in the near future. i've heard from other people that it does a really good job with rough roads, but that it's rougher on smooth pavement than you might otherwise expect just because it's designed for offroad use.
If the roads where you live are like mine: potholes and cracks the 4R will work great. Most road in America are rough pavement anyways. The only place I've ever driven on a flawless road was on the autobahn in Germany. :p

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
Why not cap it? Here's mine with a leer cap

that's possible to do that, but it's just different to have all of that room inside the cab. How do you like your "cap" and where did you get it? Was it color-coded when you bought it?

Hanau

Sixroblees, they know the color code. I like it better than my Undercover tonneau cover; my dog can ride back there. I have the basic one with HD pet screens on the windows. Can leave windows open and still stuff is secure.

PaleoMama

Staff member
TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Community Leader
The only thing is my wife is 5'4" so it's kind of hard to get into since it has 9 or so inches of ground clearance. Side steps should remedy that. Also make sure you get 4x4.
I'm 5'3" ;) My 8-year-old and I can climb in just fine, with the help of the running boards.

Lots of things to love about my 2014 4Runner Trail:
  • 4x4 (not AWD) - I can shift it into 4-wheel drive and leave it there.
  • Crawl Control, Multi-Terrain Select, Hill Assist Start Control, and Downhill Assist Control
  • Very comfortable and high driving position. Seats overall are quite comfortable.
  • Standard backup camera with color-coded guides/lines. Works especially well at night. The most intuitive and most naturally comfortable to use, unlike some others I've tried.
  • Standard fog lights
  • Hidden rear wiper blade
  • Powered rear lift gate window (great for enjoying those breezy days)
  • All five windows are one-touch power-up/down
  • Super easy folding second row seats (this single mom can do it by herself)
  • Lots of power ports/plugs (center console, second row, and cargo area)
  • Tons of cargo room (my largest suitcase can stand up vertically and still have room to spare)
  • Removable cupholder inserts for easy washing
  • The overall look. It's such a cool car ;)

Related Content You Might Like: