• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

What do you do for a living?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Good stuff guys. Maybe I should redo my post as well. I've been in and out of work doing mostly web marketing for the past five years. I'm now an operations manager for a media company in downtown big D. It's a lot of fun but managing people can actually be more stressful than being assigned work. Sometimes I wish I had picked a skill like welding or carpentry or something and stuck with it.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
how you like going into the big city? Dallas actually doesn't have the largest downtown of a metro-area that size compared with places like San Francisco or Seattle.

Grahambone

I was an ammonia refrigeration tech for 11 years but recently made a change to a maintenance mechanic at a plastics injection/compression plant. Bottle caps to be specific. Lot's of hydraulics. Not really my strong point but it keeps things interesting. Also a nine year veteran of the armed forces. Four years as a machinists mate in the Navy and Five years as an electronics technician in the Marines. And a lifetime gearhead/shadetree mechanic. If it's got wheels and a motor; I'm into it.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I was an ammonia refrigeration tech for 11 years but recently made a change to a maintenance mechanic at a plastics injection/compression plant. Bottle caps to be specific. Lot's of hydraulics. Not really my strong point but it keeps things interesting. Also a nine year veteran of the armed forces. Four years as a machinists mate in the Navy and Five years as an electronics technician in the Marines. And a lifetime gearhead/shadetree mechanic. If it's got wheels and a motor; I'm into it.
Welcome!

Hey everyone,

We have a wide variety of differnt types of folks on this board. I think it might be nice for everyone to let everyone know what they do for a living.

Me: I work for a software company doing marketing and communications. I run this board on the side.

Who's next?
Work for a decent company, installing network infrastructure.....
Voice/data cabling, fiber optic and such

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Linehaul driver. Its not always pretty at night

fullsizeoutput_186.jpeg

THUNDER BAY -- Two people died in a motor vehicle collision on Highway 17 on Wednesday morning.

The identities of the victims are being withheld pending notification of their families.

The accident involved two tractor-trailer units and occurred about 40 kilometres west of Shabaqua at about 8:30 a.m.

Ontario Provincial Police said the highway is closed indefinitely.

Police are using their drone to take pictures and measurements at the accident scene to help collision investigators.

They said Highway 11 should be used as an alternate route for traffic heading either east or west.

It's the second fatal collision on Thunder Bay-area highways in three days.

Two people were killed and five others injured in an accident on Highway 102 on Monday night.

MPH

I've done alot of stuff in the effort to be able to live indoors and eat at the same time. This includes salmon tender engineer and skipper for three seasons in southeast Alaska, machinist, arborculturalist, truck driver...y'all get the idea. Sixteen years ago I got my RN license and have been doing that since. Not my favorite work but it sure pays the best of the lot.

As a side note after watching the Doctors all this time I am really glad I did not go to medical school

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Looks like I forgot to post on this thread. Retired for 12 years. Totally happy to NOT be working any more. When I was working, it was in High Tech, mostly for companies building peripherals for large (IBM-type) mainframe computers. Lastly worked for a Government contractor who built special projects and equipment for DARPA and the DoD. Everything from robots to enhanced rocket-powered munitions. Best job I had in my entire career--fun, but still work.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Linehaul driver. Its not always pretty at night

View attachment 5832

THUNDER BAY -- Two people died in a motor vehicle collision on Highway 17 on Wednesday morning.

The identities of the victims are being withheld pending notification of their families.

The accident involved two tractor-trailer units and occurred about 40 kilometres west of Shabaqua at about 8:30 a.m.

Ontario Provincial Police said the highway is closed indefinitely.

Police are using their drone to take pictures and measurements at the accident scene to help collision investigators.

They said Highway 11 should be used as an alternate route for traffic heading either east or west.

It's the second fatal collision on Thunder Bay-area highways in three days.

Two people were killed and five others injured in an accident on Highway 102 on Monday night.
That's tough.

ChiefTRDSport

RETIRED: AIR FORCE & TEACHER

I retired from the Air Force just short of 29 yrs as an E-9 (Chief Master Sergeant), then retired from teaching high school for a bit over 20 yrs.

Related Content You Might Like: