• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

What do you do for a living?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I work on towers, FM, AM, every once in a while a TV tower, and even less often a cell tower. We build them, take them down, maintain them, put new antennas up and take old ones down, change out lights when they blow, never seems to get old!
Yeah, again ... Not my cup of tea.

DaniMolo

TTC Chicks
I work from home full time as freelancer/internet marketer and web designer .. I live this way in order to travel the world freely without worrying where my next job will come from. No matter where I am in the world, All i have to do is open my laptop lid and start working.. Have to say I am so glad I made the decision to go down this route! :)

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I work from home full time as freelancer/internet marketer and web designer .. I live this way in order to travel the world freely without worrying where my next job will come from. No matter where I am in the world, All i have to do is open my laptop lid and start working.. Have to say I am so glad I made the decision to go down this route! :)
Sounds like fun.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm married (to a wonderful woman no less) with three boys, so that keeps us locked down. I'm mostly doing contract work to pay the bills anymore and have been doing a lot of SEO and website work over the past couple of years. The goal when we were younger was to get out and see the world, and travel more, but I was tied down here because of work and now that I'm contracting and we could travel more if we wanted to, we can't because of school schedules, sports stuff, etc.

Tim, aka @tbplus10, has been a traveling hobo for the last few weeks it seems. I envy that, and I don't envy that for many different reasons.

DaniMolo

TTC Chicks
haha @toyotafan , I have done some hobo like travelling too, it is very fun and kind of care free, but I much prefer doing it with a bit more money now I am getting older and actually earning said money, not that i spend on 5* hotels or anything, but paying to do the activities that i want such as surfing, snowboarding, camel riding etc..:)

Britanica

TTC Chicks
I am a stay at home mom and blogger. I enjoy all the free time I have but I do fall behind when I get a case of the "mommy had a late night" laziness flu. LOL

Zachary luthy

New member, currently stationed in nebraska. Enlisted in the US Airforce. Had my truck for almost two years and love it to death

Smileyone

TTC Chicks
Yay! School bus drivers Haul the most precious cargo. I also drive a school bus, mostly special ed. (little bus) But I am also licensed to drive everything on the road except a fire-truck and a semi-tow truck. (only because I didn't have one of each of those to take the drive test in, but I have the endorsements, so in a pinch...) When I am not driving a "big Twinky " as the kids call it, I drive various big rigs for my other boss at a General contracting company. You name it, I can drive it. Now, if I could figure out how to get paid to ride my Road King...

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
As my name says, I am a welder/fitter. I learned to do mechanic work while I was in high school, and I worked at 2 dealerships as a mechanic for a few year. A friend got me a job on a land based oil rig, Then I learned how to weld. I did that in a shop for a few years. Then I got a job on an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico. I did that for 33 years, and welded out there for 25 of those 33 years. I was assigned to the oil rig to do repairs and the welding projects as they came up. Each rig has 1 welder like this, and I worked 2 weeks, then went home for 2 weeks, when another welder took my place. He was also assigned to the rig like I was. Some of the larger oil rigs have 2 welders per hitch, be it 14 days, 21 days, or 28 days. The days you work, is how many days you have off. You will never get rich working offshore, but it is a good living. In my offshore carrier, I worked for several different oil well drilling contractors. After getting laid off in Jan 2015, I got a local job in a shop. I worked in the shop for about 2 months then I started working in the salt mine for the same company, where I work now as a welder/ fitter on heavy Equpt. and I also help do some mechanic work on this heavy mining equpt. as needed. My avatar pic is about 5 years old. I was about 100 feet above the water doing a repair on some pipe.

Related Content You Might Like: