• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Website Updates : New Homepage & Media Gallery Updates.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Hopefully everyone noticed the new homepage added this last week.

The goal is to show the following things quickly:
  • Newest replies to current topics. (Last 15 replies)
  • Most active topics over the last 30 days (Top 15 threads with the most replies - 30 days)
  • Most active topics this year (Top 15 threads with the most replies - 365 days)
  • Newest threads that have been created. (Last 15 threads)
The goal is to show people that the site is active and they can click on items they find interesting.

The next thing I plan on doing is making one of these "top/new" pages for each vehicle type on the site. That means that if you only want to pay attention to Tacoma posts, you can click on that and see the newest posts and threads only.

Also, I have made this known before, but there are two major gallery systems available for this community software. I have gone back and forth on these software packages, but I have made up my mind and plan on sticking with the one that is live right now. It does not currently plug directly into the "garages" app, but the gallery is so much more important ... and this one is so much better that I just have to make it work.

Please try to make some uploads to the Gallery / Media Gallery system if you get a chance.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Hey Steve, when I long on from my phone, and I have alerts, or just want to click on anything in the gray header bar, nothing works. The phone cycles, but doesn't do anything. It works fine on my lap top.I haven't tried a reinstall on the phone. It is saved as a favorite's page. Other forums are save the same way. and they work good.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Hey Steve, when I long on from my phone, and I have alerts, or just want to click on anything in the gray header bar, nothing works. The phone cycles, but doesn't do anything. It works fine on my lap top.I haven't tried a reinstall on the phone. It is saved as a favorite's page. Other forums are save the same way. and they work good.
Try it again, we just made some changes in the last 15 minutes.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
There should be a "roll-over" canvas that slides in from the left/right when you click on your own name/avatar.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
ok cool thanks. Ok just tried, and it works grate. Also would it be a lot of trouble to add a why to view older threads, something like today's post, or something like that. Once you view them one time, it is a pain to find them again, if you didn't respond to them.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
ok cool thanks. Ok just tried, and it works grate. Also would it be a lot of trouble to add a why to view older threads, something like today's post, or something like that. Once you view them one time, it is a pain to find them again, if you didn't respond to them.
The new home page is designed to do much of that, it shows the last 15 posts made to the site.

I'm going to make pages at the home level that will have:
  • Last 100 posts made to the site.
  • Top 100 topics for the past 30 days (most replied / most viewed)
  • Top 100 topics for the past 90 days (most replied / most viewed)
  • Top 100 topics for the past year (most replied / most viewed)

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I also just blocked all traffic from INDIA and PAKISTAN from even being able to access the server ... let alone the site. This is not a 100% way to stop the spambots, but it's a major step ... of course, many spammers rent servers in the US and even though they hire people in India, Pakistan, China, Brazil ... to do the spamming, they have US IP addresses, so this is just one step.

However, it's a bit step and it seems to be working to stop the overnight spammers that run between like 1 am and 6 am Central US Time.

Related Content You Might Like: