• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Upgrade SR / SR5 to use TRD LED drl Headlights with Plug and Play Harness

mrproduxn

100 Posts
Figured out a way to run the LED DRL headlights on an SR or SR5 with a plug and play adapter harness with built in resistors. Get the high and low LED output just like a Sport, OffRoad or Limited. Prototype is proven. Now to price parts for a production build.

The video shows the lights bench tested applying power to the high and low feeds on an SR male plug. It plugs directly into an SR or SR5 female plug and works off of the amber DRL circuit. Might be desirable to those that want the upper model headlights on their non TRD trucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Looks like a good project turned into a product. Nice. What's the extra cost for the TRD lights?

mrproduxn

100 Posts
Did you ever turn this into a product?
Sorry to take so long to reply. I actually just got back Tuesday night from our place there in Melbourne. I only made one set of working lights and sold them together with the harness. I do have another harness. I took on another couple of projects that have become popular so the light deal was put on the back burner. If you have a set of TRD Sport, TRD OffRoad, TRD Limited or TRD Pro headlights then this harness will work with those lights in an SR or SR5 model and the led strips work fine. There are some fairly simple steps required to make them work. As long as the lights have the led strip light harness then there is some wire splicing required to connect the existing led harness to the harness that I have. After that it is simply plug and play through the SR or SR5 amber signal/drl light.I have proven this works and have pictures and video to support it. I sold my first setup to someone that installed them in an SR and they worked just like the Sport model. The key is you must have a pair of original Sport type headlights. I can provide you instructions if interested. I do not have a set price in mind but I am willing to sell the harness at a reasonable price. The shipping is approximately $13.

mrproduxn

100 Posts
Sorry gang. I retired, from my DoD job, a year ago and don't really frequent the forums much. I do not make the harness any more. I made and sold a few a long time ago but now all my work, and equipment, is dedicated to the QuikFix seat spacers. I have really cut back on the ebay business too. Wife still works but, as a school employee, she is off all summer and we have a place in Florida where she likes to go every 2 weeks. I actually sold my 2016 Tacoma in May, for what I paid new in early 2016, and am back in a 2012 2nd gen Tacoma again. Needless to say I am very happy to be back in a 2nd gen with a 4.0 and a better automatic transmission. Thanks for the mention.

Related Content You Might Like: