• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Upgrade my Tundra to: upgraded internals and supercharger, 5.7L, or LS?

dirtydeeds

Gold Vendor
100 Posts
Just curious what you guys would do? My Tundra has 100,000+ miles on it and going very strong still. Some day it will need new drivetrain. I have tons of money in the suspension and would want to just use a fresh drivetrain of some sort.

Any suggestions?

dirtydeeds

Gold Vendor
100 Posts
I've looked into this, while it is possible, it is pretty expensive. It's also very difficult to make it work. The computer ties into everything on the 5.7L, if you miss one thing you get a check engine light. I think it is very possible if I were to get a wrecked truck pretty cheap and transfer pretty much everything.

I really think an LS would be cheaper. So far I've seen only 1 guy do each thing, the LS and the 5.7L in a 1 gen Tundra.

I'm thinkin for the money to upgrade then supercharge my 4.7L I might as well get something meant to be fast already. IDK?

dirtydeeds

Gold Vendor
100 Posts
the lawnmower rods and clay pistons in my stock 4.7L won't like any boost, and I'd really like to throw on a supercharger or something. Has anyone done a LS swap into another vehicle? What would I expect?

antonino

100 Posts
You guys are not building a spaceship yet right? It's only a truck and not a rocket going to the outer space.

Related Content You Might Like: