• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Unlimited monthly car washes ~ worth it?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I paid the $30 for unlimited car washes. So far I've gone through maybe 4 times? I think i got it maybe 10 days ago. If i go at least 8x per month it's worth it.

But it's another expense that i have to keep up with. I dunno.

20190903_132305.jpg

Last edited:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
So it's $18.99 at this place I've been going for a single "Ultimate Wash" or $29.00 for the whole month. So far I've gone like 6 times, maybe 7. That averages down to just over $4 per car wash. Plus they give me a nice damp lint-free towel each time I come in.

I guess it's worth it, but just as long as I go at least 3 times per month. I would NEVER get the ultimate wash each time I go through, so it's really the same that I would be spending (actually more) each month, but I get the benefit of all of the extra things while tire cleaner, wheel cleaner, etc.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I'm not a fan of car washes, I prefer hand washing.
Most car wash's recycle water, which while its a good thing for conservation, allows abrasive material to be recycled through with the water that gets scrubbed in by the brush's.
Most places don't use a fine enough filter to keep out the grit that causes scratchs and marks on the paint.
With hand washing and a good rinse hose you can keep the scratchs down to a minimum. Its also a good idea to use a catch in the bottom of tyour wash bucket to let sediment and grit settle in the bottom of the bucket away from your wash mitt or sponge.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
If you want to keep it clean all the time and know the risks of smaller micro-abrasions, then it's a good deal. I know a lot of people in sales that go to call on customers and they say that there's something psychological about a sales guy showing up in a dirty car. They're not seen as being on top of their game and able to get stuff done. Doesn't really work that way in life, but they figure why not dress well and have a clean vehicle to show up when calling on the customer.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
So, this is the place that I've been going to. It's $29.99 per month for 1 car wash per day (they say 2 if you need it) plus a fresh damp microfiber lint-free heavy towel each trip through the wash.

1568396143099.png

Legends Express Car Wash
South Cooper Street
Arlington, Texas

Legends Endless Pass
  • $29.99 per month
  • Legends Shine
  • Triple Foam
  • High Power Wheel Clean
  • Tire SHine
  • Underbody Wash
  • Buff N' Shine
  • Spa Scent
  • Mat Cleaner
  • Bug Prop
  • Free Vacuums
So, I'm glad I looked at this!!! I was not aware that they have a mat cleaner on site. I'm going to have drive up there and see if they can help me get my Tundra all weather mats clean. My kids have spilled things like Sprite in them, and while that's great that they protect the carpet, they get really sticky and then junk gets in them.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I will say that it's nice just being able to drive up to the car wash, it scans the RFID chip they stuck to the inside of my windshield and the gate opens up right away. I roll my window down as I keep the towel they have under the seat and then I swap it out for a fresh towel. It's really helped keep the dash clean as I can wipe down lint before it can accumulate. Keep it all clean and shiny.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
We have a somewhat newer car wash that opened up in town. Will have to see if it's touch-less and what others think of it. Would be great for our area go get the majority of winter salt off and a good underbody wash.

toyotasrule

100 Posts
We have a somewhat newer car wash that opened up in town. Will have to see if it's touch-less and what others think of it. Would be great for our area go get the majority of winter salt off and a good underbody wash.
Where are you located?

Related Content You Might Like: