• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Tundra Lift Thread - Wheels, Tires and Suspension Upgrade Questions

Adominguez

Hey everyone, I've got some questions regarding lifting my Tundra pickup, I hope some one can help me.

Anyone lifted their Tundra and want to share some pics and give me and everyone else some ideas? I've attached some pics of what I'd love to end up with as a final project.

So, I recently purchased new rims and tires for my 05 tundra dbl cab. I wanted to go a bit bigger with the tires 275*65*17. Truck looks great as long as I drive straight. I cannot find a suspension lift kit or any other lift kit for my truck.

Since the tires are SOO big I need to raise it at least 4". I placed the blocks in the springs for the time being but the shocks are stretched to the max. it sounds and drives terrible. If anyone has any info I would really appreciate it.

Thanx in advance.

lifted 2005 toyota tundra.jpg
2005 Toyota Tundra, sweet white baby.jpg
lanother ifted 2005 Toyota Tundra.jpg
sweet 2005 Toyota Tundra lifted grey.JPG

jacklane

Did you ever get it figured out? What are you willing to trade off, price over getting exactly what you want?

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
I hope some one can help me. I recently purchased new rims and tires for my 05 tundra dbl cab. I wanted to go a bit bigger with the tires 275*65*17. Truck looks great as long as I drive straight. I cannot find a suspension lift kit or any other lift kit for my truck Since the tires are SOO big I need to raise it at least 4". I placed the blocks in the springs for the time being but the shocks are stretched to the max. it sounds and drives terrible. If anyone has any info I would really appreciate it.

Thanx.
are you looking for a lift kit or a leveling kit? if you are looking for a leveling kit Ready Lift has a leveling kit that will fit your truck

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Just curious who's got a lifted toyota truck? Did you do the lift yourself or have it done - or was it already done?

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
i strongly prefer to be in a big lifted truck instead of stock or lowered ... just how i roll as a driver or a passenger

MD_Weems

100 Posts
I prefer lifted ones as well, but I always had mine done at a place here in Tulsa that specializes in lifts and such. I'm just not mechanically inclined enough to do it myself.

If you haven't gotten this done or fixed yet, I'd recommend finding a place nearby that does lifts. They can help you get it lifted to the right height or give you some pointers to get it there.

TacoTrucker

i would do that too. find a place locally that does lifts on trucks like a 4x4 or offroad place and they can help fix it right for you

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Bump this article - lots of interest in lifts. Who's got one done?

GearHead

100 Posts
A couple of members here have gone with FabTech for their lift kit. Who else has one? Any pics?

jimmyno

When I got a lift for my Tundra.. I have some help.. As long as you got all the tools and help from experienced people, that won't be much f a problem.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I hope some one can help me. I recently purchased new rims and tires for my 05 tundra dbl cab. I wanted to go a bit bigger with the tires 275*65*17. Truck looks great as long as I drive straight. I cannot find a suspension lift kit or any other lift kit for my truck Since the tires are SOO big I need to raise it at least 4". I placed the blocks in the springs for the time being but the shocks are stretched to the max. it sounds and drives terrible. If anyone has any info I would really appreciate it.

Thanx.

Hi what the update of your problem do you fix it already, Let us know what are the solution you do about this..

Thanks

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts

Thanx.
Just curious if you ever got this done. Would love to see some pics. If anyone else has pics of a lifted Tundra, please feel free to add onto this thread.

Related Content You Might Like: