• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Tundra Drivers what's your mpg? | Toyota Tundra MPG

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Hey all you tundra drivers. What year are you driving, what engine do you have, and what's your MPG?

All combined city and highway my 2017 with the 5.7 is getting about 15 total. Up to about 17 maximum freeway.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
2019 Tundra Platinum; 5.7L V8; 17-18 MPG consistently on a 5-day, 895 mile road trip over 9 high mountain passes, all on 2 lane highways. On one stretch from South Fork CO to Alamosa CO my wife got over 20 MPG--but I think that was all slightly downhill.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Steve, are we the ONLY two Tundra owners on this forum? (actually just bumping this thread)

MT Madman

I've got a 2015 with 120K miles and have a 100 commute to/from work on half/half country roads and urban interstates, my speeds are 50 to 75 MPH and I'm getting 17 MPG average.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I've got a 2015 with 120K miles and have a 100 commute to/from work on half/half country roads and urban interstates, my speeds are 50 to 75 MPH and I'm getting 17 MPG average.
That's a lot of miles on a 2015.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
So hard to really calculate because I'll drive somewhere but stay in the truck for 5 minutes when I get there as I'm looking something up. That's burning fuel still of course.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
From Mansfield Texas to Katy Texas, including all stops... averaged 17.7 mpg with an average highway max mph of 70

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Driving back at 70+ average with max of 75 MPH and I'm getting 16.9 MPG.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
On our usual shopping trips to town (10 miles each way, plus 5-10+ miles in town), we average 16-17 mpg consistently.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Is this the dash readout or hand calculated?
Mine are dash readouts. I have done calculations in the past on fill-ups but I found that that's too hard to do in Texas where you pull into a parking lot and have to wait in the truck while the wife shops and you leave the AC on and it eats up a lot of gas. Oops, did I say that out loud? ;)

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Is this the dash readout or hand calculated?
I also use the dash readouts. In the last few years, the dash readouts in our Toyota/Lexus vehicles are nearly exactly the same as using a calculator, so I took the calculators out of the vehicles (on our phones if we need one). Didn't seem worth the time & effort to do the calculations. Yeah, I got lazy in my old age.

We're driving to Vegas in the truck soon. Guarantee that the mileage will be more like 14-15 as we can drive 80 mph across almost all of Utah.

Related Content You Might Like: