• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Trouble starting

Agonzo_T100

Hello All,

I have a 97 T100 that has been having trouble starting does not turnover or click. Its seems to be related to the ignition itself. When i turn the key to acc. and move the gear shift to drive and back to park a few times then try it again it works. Has anyone had the issue out there? Lemmme know THX!!!

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
Did you ever find out what was wrong with it? So the car only starts when you move the gear shift a couple of times?

Agonzo_T100

Nope , not yet any insight? Yes moving it from P to N then back works I have heard that it may be the safty switch but I dont want to go out and buy one to find out thats not the issue...

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
That is such as odd problem. Did a mechanic look at it at all?

When you try to start the truck without putting it into gear first, does it make any sound or noises at all?

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
It must be...something with the wires and a weak connection. Are you going to have a mechanic look it? Would love to know what a mechanic says is wrong with it.

Agonzo_T100

Ill post what i find dunno what the plan is at this point. Its a 97 and will hopefully be in the market for an upgrade soon. I may drive it till it just dies I live on the edge like that ...lol

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
Ill post what i find dunno what the plan is at this point. Its a 97 and will hopefully be in the market for an upgrade soon. I may drive it till it just dies I live on the edge like that ...lol
I am a fan of driving a truck or car until it dies. I think you get more for your money that way, rather than trading in all the time.

Darrin

That's odd indeed. I always had the problem with ignitions but this is the first time I heard about a broken one that still starts the car if you shift the gear. I've owned lots of second hand vehicles so problems would arise every other week or two. Most likely it's electrical when it's the ignition but that shifting part is what not make any sense to me. Hope to see an update for you before you buy a new one.

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
There were some issues with ignintion wires getting corroded back in the 90's models.

Anyhow did you upgrade to something newer?

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
That's odd indeed. I always had the problem with ignitions but this is the first time I heard about a broken one that still starts the car if you shift the gear. I've owned lots of second hand vehicles so problems would arise every other week or two. Most likely it's electrical when it's the ignition but that shifting part is what not make any sense to me. Hope to see an update for you before you buy a new one.

The same things here I have never heard about a broken one that still starts the car if you shift the gear. Maybe its time to upgrade with newer ones

Related Content You Might Like: