• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Transmisson Issues

BamaKaren

TTC Chicks
100 Posts
What are the typical transmission issues that one deals with when owning a Toyota?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I hope this is just "what if" because other than a few toasty clutch's that I fully accept responsability for due to heavy left and right feet Ive never seen a trend in malfunctioning Toyota transmissions.
Their worst, maybe the auto A340, is better than most other mfgrs.

BamaKaren

TTC Chicks
100 Posts
My husband once replaced the transmission in a Toyota Tacoma. Of course he may have messed up the transmission himself.

Samtucky

100 Posts
Well, I have never had a transmission issue with a Toyota and doubt that I ever will.

Russell Regester

Well I just bought my Tacoma, 58K miles an 2011, 4wd, double cab, certified truck, And the Automatic, is like surging at 40MPH, like not locking up Torque converter or, what?, and when you let off the accelerator, it's like your putting on the Brake, feels like it's in a lower gear as it decelerates rapidly, So what does any one make of Theae Symptoms,? Tyranny was probably never serviced even though it was a certified Truck!!

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
As I posted over a year ago most times with these transmissions ya gotta piss'em off to make them be bad. Is your truck running factory tires and wheels?
Have it scanned for any codes.
They aren't known for any bad habits, but a p.o. that didn't do proper maint could've caused issues.
Try a fluid change with oem proper fluids and verify tire/wheel sizes.
If you still have issues you might have the one Toyota trans that simply fails.

Related Content You Might Like: