• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Trailer Back-up Lights not working

dan karig

I noticed the trailer back-up lights weren't working and I believe never have. This is a 2010 Taco with towing pkg from factory and no wiring modifications. Truck B/U lights work fine. I have continuity between the trailer connector pin and the first connection in the truck cab (white plastic junction box whatever those are called), just below the fuse box.

I checked and when the truck is in reverse, I do have power at the #8 fuse that protects the trailer b/u light circuit, so the circuit should be energized.

I seem to have a break in continuity between the fuse box and the connector described above. It's a short distance (less than a foot!) but after that connector box, the wires disappear into a huge bundle and I cannot imagine how I'll trace it. Plus, the back side of the fuse box is nearly impossible to see and I can't figure out how to remove it so I can try to figure out where the problem is.

I'm sure a shop would be happy to charge mega bucks to find the problem but I am hoping somebody here might be able to clue me in on how I might be able to do this myself.

Thank you!

Related Content You Might Like: