• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

toyotas are underrated

vermillionx660r

I just recently bought a 2006 Toyota tacoma PreRunner, extra cab, w/ the trd 4.0 liter v6 engine. Now, i've always been a Chevy guy, but I gotta admit that I love my Taco. In the Silverado, I used the 4x4 so much it wasn't even funny. In my Tacoma, I don't even have it, and wouldnt need it if I did with where I go. It's perfect. I've been getting about 27 mpg highway, and 24 with a 4 wheeler in the back. I can tow my boat wiith ease, and that's no easy feat, considering the boat and trailer are combined 4300 lbs.
Anyway, I'm lovin it. haha

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
thats pretty good gas mileage better than my 05 but i can't complain i got a 3 inch lift with rims and tires

ToyotaPitty

100 Posts
A lot of people make snap decisions about vehicles before they even even look at the automobile. People see Toyota and think Foriegn without thinking Quality. The Toyota may be foriegn, but at least it is a solid vehicle that holds its value. The foreign vehicles aren't like the old days, when things were cheap and shoddy, now they are high quality pieces of automotive power.

dirtydeeds

Gold Vendor
100 Posts
if you keep your toyota completely stock chances are it would outlast a comparable competitor. The quality is very high and engineered to be just strong enough. If you do this you will find the weaknesses.

Last edited by a moderator:

bebtunes

100 Posts
you should show us, but yeah sounds like you got a good one if it can tow 4300lbs with ease since those aren't very easy either

MD_Weems

100 Posts
Both Toyota pickups I've had could go places that my friend's jeep wouldn't go. In fact, when I sold my first Toyota pick up ('93 T100) it had way over 200K miles.... I cried. I kinda wish I'd never sold it, but we traded it for a 2001 T100.... which is awesome as well. Even with a big lift on the old one and some mud tires, the gas mileage wasn't horrible - it was actually way better than my dad's Ford F150 - and still looked cool even after almost 10 years. *sigh* still miss that truck. But I can easily see how people underrate the Toyota pickups in general. Most people hear Toyota and think Camry or the other cars, and if they do think trucks, they don't consider them to be heavy hitters. It's too bad that more people that drive Ford and Chevy pickups don't get to spend time in one of the Toyota pickups. I personally think that they'd be ready to switch.

TacoTrucker

i've had jeeps forever. when my last one crapped out, i got a taco. i have to say that i've under-estimated them for too long. i will never own another kind of 4x4 or truck. this taco of mine goes anywhere i want to go, places my old jeeps wouldn't have gotten to or gotten down from. my friends like to ride with me now instead of the othe way around

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I just recently bought a 2006 Toyota tacoma PreRunner, extra cab, w/ the trd 4.0 liter v6 engine. Now, i've always been a Chevy guy, but I gotta admit that I love my Taco. In the Silverado, I used the 4x4 so much it wasn't even funny. In my Tacoma, I don't even have it, and wouldnt need it if I did with where I go. It's perfect. I've been getting about 27 mpg highway, and 24 with a 4 wheeler in the back. I can tow my boat wiith ease, and that's no easy feat, considering the boat and trailer are combined 4300 lbs.
Anyway, I'm lovin it. haha

Welcome to club.. you can find more valuable information here just dig

more on threads and don't hesitate to ask question.

What color is your truck?

Related Content You Might Like: