• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota Tundra tonneau covers

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Im looking to add a tonneau cover to my tundra this winter. Really might get a simple rollup cover first and next year consider getting a tri-fold hard cover. Main goal is just to keep everything secure (so it doesn't fly out) and dry from the elements. I'm seeing off-brand units for as little as about $150 with rails. Not sure if i want to spend more than that now. There is a possibility that I'll be looking for a camper shell next summer also. Just really not sure yet.

What's everyone got for bed covers?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Aliexpress lets you buy straight from manufacturers in China but you've got to be careful. This is the 6.5' bed cover unit for a lot cheaper.

Screenshot_20181210-101022_AliExpress.jpg

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Summit had a decent selection of hardcover tri fold and soft cover tri fold tonneau covers when I was in there last week.

Ernie Kash

I bought this from Summit back in '04 when I bought my truck. Been on since then and it's held up real good, been a good investment. Only bitch I got about it is when it's cold it's sometimes difficult to snap the side channels back onto the bed rails if you have to open it up. Still looks good as new.
20181219_171128.jpg
20181219_171210.jpg
20181219_171219.jpg
20181219_171251.jpg

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Looks great for a 14 year old cover.
My 7 yr old soft tri fold is starting to go at the stitching. I'm debating if I should get it restricted of replace with new

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I've been dropping hints for something to be under the tree. I'm thinking that I want a hard shell lid or a full camper shell / topper, but I've not made up my mind so I might do with a soft tonneau cover until I can decide.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I have a camper shell I can use but would prefer a tonneau cover. I recently sourced some 16'x40" sheets of 14 ga aluminum that I am considering making a tonneau cover with....

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
My BIL has one of those roll out type. I thought it was really slick and strong

Related Content You Might Like: