• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota Tundra Frame Rott

Guywholikespie

Ok so I'm buying another truck and I found a Toyota Tundra with a 5.7l on Craigslist it's pretty nice with only 67,000 miles on it for $5000 they said the frames rotted I don't know if this guys a idiot or if it actually is rotted I don't know what year it is it looks like it's at the oldest 2007. So what do you guys think

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Only way of knowing is by getting under the truck and checking. Don't know why the owner would claim rot if it wasn't, no advantage there.
Toyota has had corrosion issues on some vehicles, never heard of this problem on a Tundra, but it is believable.
If it is rotted section replacement or a total frame replacement is the only fix, certainly wouldn't attempt to drive as is, may be catastrophic when it finally goes, and fatal to the driver or bystanders depending on the situation,

Guywholikespie

Hoping it might be a situation where you go buy a truck from somebody who claims the motors blown then finding out it just a small fix I would go look at the frame but he lives kinda far from me

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Maybe you would luck out and it's only surface rust. Kind of doubt it but you never know. Bring a hammer and check it out from front to back. Let us know what you find.

Related Content You Might Like: