• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota Truck & SUV Towing Forum

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Just setup this forum to allow people to ask general questions related to towing, trailering, camping ... just about anything that you can think of related in a general way to getting more out of your Toyota Truck or SUV when it comes to towing.

Kay

TTC Chicks
I am looking to buy a 2016 Sequoia as a tow vehicle and daily driver to replace a 2009 Honda Ridgeline. I tow a 19' Airstream with a GVWR of 4500#. I use an Anderson Weight Distribution hitch and I'll be using it with the Sequoia. I have a number of questions I would love to get answers to and would like it if someone could verify what I have read in the on-line literature as being accurate. I have a Prodigy 3 brake controller added to the Ridgeline using a factory pre-wired connector, I would like to install this in the Sequoia. I would like to know if the Sequoia is prewired for a brake controller. The literature on the 2016 Sequoia indicate the Tow Package is standard on the SR5, with the auxiliary transmission cooler and 4.3:1 gear ratio. From what I read the Tow Haul Mode is a transmission selection and on all trim levels. How does the Trailer Sway Control work? Does TWC work with an add-on brake controller?
I have looked for several weeks now for a replacement vehicle and have located an SR5 4x4. This will be my second Toyota truck my first was a new baby blue 1973 Hilux. You never forget your first.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
The electronic sway control is amazing and will help prevent sway when identified by delivering counter force on the opposite wheels when driving and it works in conjuction with manual sway control and weight distributing so no worries about that.

Related Content You Might Like: