• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota Tacoma subwoofer wiring?

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
Can the stock Tacoma stereo output to a subwoofer or will I need to do something like get an amp or maybe even have a new stereo installed?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Not by itself. You can not run a sub-woofer on the factory stereo mostly becuase of a lack of power, but also becuase you can't split just for the deep bass sub frequencies on these stock systems so it will not sound right.

The cheapest option is to use the factory system and then get an amplifier as you had mentioned but you need an internal crossover to handle the power and signals.

If you want to go all out then you can get a new head unit that has RCA outputs, then plug that into an amp, then hook your sub into that. Doing this will give you a system designed for a sub woofer if you want deeper bass sound.

bebtunes

100 Posts
I heard you always need to go bigger on your amp and maybe get a bigger alternator or 2nd battery to help with the power wattage that is going to be required

antonino

100 Posts
Subwoofers are something that you wouldn't mess with. They should be properly placed, for great sounds, and nobody does it than a true mechanic.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I have never thought I need to install a sub woofers on my trucks maybe it time to have it installed.. Where I can get a best deal of it.?

Related Content You Might Like: