• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota Tacoma: Improving appearance

GearHead

100 Posts
What is the best thing you can do to improve the appearance of your Taco? Lift Kit? Light bar? Lights? Tires? Brush guards?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I think any Tacoma benefits from some lift, decent wheels and tires, and tinted windows. Brush guards and light bars add to much extra weight and kill fuel mileage, I mean how often do you take it off-road? Probably less than 20% of the time.
Except for my sliders all the off-road equipt on my Tacoma is removable for street use. I used to keep a spare set of street tires too but the last time I bought new tires I got a set of 35" AT's that handle good on and off road so I dont swap them out anymore.

GearHead

100 Posts
Yeah, makes sense to not put too many modifications on that will kill the mileage, and you're right-- I do spend most of my time on the road. Must have been a pain swapping out the wheels every time you wanted to take it out, the all-terrain tires are the way to go I guess. What do you mean by sliders?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Must have been a pain swapping out the wheels every time you wanted to take it out, the all-terrain tires are the way to go I guess. What do you mean by sliders?
Not only swapping the tires but storing them was a problem to, a set of 35" tires takes up a good amount of valuable space in the garage.
Heres a link for sliders https://www.allprooffroad.com/9504tacomatrailarmor/9504rockguards
I have All Pro's 1st gen so their a little different looking. Dont tell your wife where ya got this link, after you search the site you'll be wanting some new parts from them and I dont want to get blamed.

GearHead

100 Posts
Yeah, I pretty much need some now, thanks a lot :p. I can see where the sliders add a lot of confidence when trying to clear large boulders and prevent a lot of damage. I've seen them before, of course, but didn't know what they were called. I'm not married yet so I don't have to explain expenditures such as these to the woman. At least I don't have an entire closet full of shoes that I never wear.

danstpierre

100 Posts
There are endless of choices when it comes to accessories, and other ways to improve your Toyota's appearance. Your creativity is infinite.

antonino

100 Posts
Creativity coupled with a little cash equals a shining truck that is an eye candy! Of course, the looks of the driver matters too! LOL!

balihaisen

100 Posts
Once you have a Toyota Tacoma, it's more than enough. No need to modify anything, it already looked very good.

Related Content You Might Like: