• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota Reviews

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm back in the good graces with Toyota and their local PR firm, so I'll be getting some vehicles to test drive over the next few weeks.

Toyota Prius C (gonna try some hypermiler stuff, see what type of mileage I get)
Toyota Tacoma (no clue on the features, hope that it's loaded)
Lexus GS 350 (how cool will that be?)
Scion iQ (how am I going to get into that?)

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I know it's not a truck, but I'll post pictures of the Prius C when I get it to review, should be in the next few hours.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Toyota gave me a Prius C to test drive for a week. Here's my first views and thoughts of this vehicle.

This is a small car, but I did get almost 50 mpg on the way to work this morning. For at least 15% of the trip I was operating in EV mode, so it didn't use any gasoline at all.

2012 Toyota Prius C (quick review)
I'll write-up a full review later this week, but thus far I'm very impressed with what Toyota's given me to drive. YES, it's small, and I'm not. Yes, my friends and co-workers were laughing at me. However, this car really does not feel small. I don't have any problem with leg room, head room or shoulder room. Hmm, plus getting nearly 50 MPG on the way into the office today was a bit of a shock. So far, it's NOT something that you want to take camping, but for your everyday run around town it's certainly not something to scoff at.

Cell Phone Dump 210.jpgCell Phone Dump 211.jpgCell Phone Dump 212.jpgCell Phone Dump 213.jpgCell Phone Dump 214.jpgCell Phone Dump 215.jpgCell Phone Dump 216.jpg

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I was really looking hard at the Hybrid offerings last year but eventually went a different direction because I was really needing a new tow vehicle.
But for day to day commuting 50 mpg would sure be nice since I commute 33 miles each way.
Something I've always wondered on electric and hybrid models, will heavy use of the radio, windows and other electric conveniences, like A/C take a heavy toll on available battery power?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Went on a joyride through south DFW - including the hills that we call Cedar Hill, Texas - and the first half of the trip I earned a very impressive 60 MPG. Now, I drove like I had an egg between my foot and the gas pedal, but I did earn 60 MPG. That was a mix of 25, 35, 45 and one stretch of 55 MPH roads with probably 25 stops on the way to recharge the battery. Average speed was 27 mph I think for the trip.

On the way back I took it out of ECO mode and I could feel more power going to the tires, but the overall MPG dropped to 50 MPG, which means that I was probably doing about 40 for that stretch, with a 50 MPG average for the two.

We were cramped in there, took the wife, the 3 year old and the 11 month-old baby. There is no way that my 7 year old would have been able to fit in the back for more than just a very short trip. Plus, forget taking a group to go golfing, we couldn't even get a stroller in the hatch-back area, so maybe a couple of backpacks and a breifcase or overnight bag would be about it.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
That would be a great weekday car for my commute, but I dont think it could pull the boat or bike trailer or make a load from Home Depot on the weekends.

Related Content You Might Like: