• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota Recall Again

Sigrid

Lexus-LX-570.jpg

TOYOTA RECALL 2011 - The Japanese automaker Toyota said it would add three more models to the 2009 pedal entrapment recall and that totals to about 600,000 4Runner SUVs from the 2003-2009 model years; 761,000 RAV4 compact SUVs from the 2006-2010 model years; and 17,000 Lexus LX 570s from the 2008-2011 model years.

The recall also includes 372,000 RX 330, RX 350 and RX 400H vehicles from the 2004 through early 2007 model years and 397,000 2004-2006 Toyota Highlander SUVs and hybrid versions.

Toyota Added these vehicles to the existing recall

Toyota 4Runner Recall - 2003-2009
Toyota RAV4 Recall - 2006-2010
Lexus LX 570 Recall - 2008-2011

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Thanks for this - we should move this out of maintenance and into the Toyota Recalls Forum.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Seems like Toyota is getting credit for coming forward on this and taking the heat instead of trying to deflect.

SamSmith

Toyota is having some problems over the last 12 months or so and they have damaged their brand image very badly with several recalls.

GearHead

100 Posts
Toyota is having some problems over the last 12 months or so and they have damaged their brand image very badly with several recalls.
Any specifics on these recalls? I'd like to start some new threads for discussion in the recall forum.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Just go do a search for "RECALL" and you will find the threads on it on this site.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
This recall was over a year ago and it's just about 99% forgotten from the minds of the American public. :) Funny how it works out that way.

tarheel

Muddy has it right. Sure a recall might be bad news, and it has some small lasting effect as people think (didn't they have some kind of big problem), but with time people forget.

Its like the Jack-in-the-Box thing where they killed some people with their food. Most people don't even remember that I bet. Same with the recall, the public has mostly forgotten that already, and another few years it will be way in the past.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Muddy has it right. Sure a recall might be bad news, and it has some small lasting effect as people think (didn't they have some kind of big problem), but with time people forget.

Its like the Jack-in-the-Box thing where they killed some people with their food. Most people don't even remember that I bet. Same with the recall, the public has mostly forgotten that already, and another few years it will be way in the past.
hah, before that in the 70's Jack in the box was caught using kangaroo meat on their burgers and people forgot that, then ten years later their distributor started sending out e coli beef (partially due to cows being corn-fed instead of grass-fed - go watch "Food, Inc." the movie) and we've all but forgotten about that too. -- good point

tarheel

The public consciousness is a short lived thing. I was trying to think, before the big Toyota problem that was all the news, what was the last big Auto recall/problem? I can't even think of it.

Although, counter to my point, this kind of thing did kill the Pinto. People still remember the gas tanks for some of their models blowing up. So I guess its hit or miss what disappears with time and what sticks.

antonino

100 Posts
Ohh, those hot cars!. And they get recalled? Too bad!. Quality control manager should be FIRED!

balihaisen

100 Posts
I was wondering, when will Toyota have a promo that says, Buy one, take another recalled car for FREE!. bET, They will have a sold out fast, always.

danstpierre

100 Posts
They should just give away those recalled cars... for FREE!. I bet, they won't have to worry about it. Ha, ha, ha.

antonino

100 Posts
Recalls could be a double edged sword for any car company. First, it shows that their quality controls are not working well. But on the other hand, it could also show that the car manufacturer concerned is thinking of the safety of their consumers.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I was wondering, when will Toyota have a promo that says, Buy one, take another recalled car for FREE!. bET, They will have a sold out fast, always.
Haha this post make me laugh..

- - - Updated - - -

Haha this post make me laugh..

Related Content You Might Like: