• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota pickup restoration

JBToyota

Can someone give me a ballpark value on 1980 Toyota 4x4 pickup that is straight with greater than 100K miles, but needs restoration? Was last driven into garage approximately 10 years ago. Cab and bed are intact on original frame.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
OK, so it's NOT running, and will--at a minimum--need all new rubber components (Battery, tires, hoses, belts, brake lines, plug wires, etc.) just so it's driveable. In addition, WILL the engine run, or is it DOA? any body rust? Is the interior in good or better condition? Is it an SR5? Long or short bed? Why was it stuffed away for 10 years? Tons of questions that need to be answered before a truly accurate estimate can be made on its value.

Anyway, I paid $5700 for an '83 that was running & driving--actually drove it more than 100 miles home. It also had more than $4000 in work done to it in the last 2 years. I would have to guess that you shouldn't pay more than $1000-2000--perhaps MUCH less, free would be best--and be prepared to spend a big (gigantic?) bucket of cash on the restoration. I spent more than $6000 on mine after the purchase price, and I did most of the work. I still had an old, noisy, rough-riding, uncomfortable truck. Not something I feel like doing again. Sent mine down the road over a year ago.

Last edited:
we do full restorations here and it depends on how much you want done they can get expensive but in my opinion they are worth the money name one other truck that u can find with consistant stories of over 400000 miles and still going they just dont die if you want call my shop 8027838099 we can talk about rest.

Related Content You Might Like: