• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

toyota nuts

jackercracker

Hey peeps,

In the Toyota Factory Service Manual, one of the parts I need is a locking nut marked as 20 (200, 14).
What do the numbers mean? Thanks, don't want to go to a dealership to get ripped off...

jackercracker

What I mean by getting ripped off by the dealership is that the locking nuts are $4.93 each (I'm assuming that doesn't include sales tax); and, they have to be ordered!

Any ideas out there???

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
hey man sometimes you just got to got the stock parts now you can go to a hardware store or a autoparts store to see if they have one or go to a speciality fastner store to see what they have it probably aint going to be much cheaper aftermarket or stock

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
What are the locking nuts used for, i.e. what part of the truck are they on?
Unless their a specially designed piece I'd take one down to the local Home Depot or Auto parts store and find a similiar one i.e. grade and size wise, I'm sure they'll be much cheaper.
A few years back an old mechanic taught me a trick on how to make teflon locking nuts:
before threading your nut on bolt or screw run the tip of a zip tie into the nut then thread it on, the zip tie will act just like teflon inside a normal locking nut and help the nut from backing off. I've used this trick for years now with good results.

balihaisen

100 Posts
I really don't think dealerships will rip you off. But if you want, have a sample of your nut and try to find it in your local junk shop. It's just a nut. you might get it for free if you have plenty of friends.

altavas

It is hard to tinker with something that you have little knowledge about. If you're too scared to be rip offed, but in the process, your actions might result to a more expensive problems.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Hey peeps,

In the Toyota Factory Service Manual, one of the parts I need is a locking nut marked as 20 (200, 14).
What do the numbers mean? Thanks, don't want to go to a dealership to get ripped off...

Hi! any updates, How did you get this figured out?

Related Content You Might Like: