• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota maintenance forum

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Maintenance is one of these things that we have to do, but of often put off. High levels of maintenance are helping to keep the resale value high for your Toyota, btw.

MD_Weems

100 Posts
We try and do our share of maintenance, but I have to admit that we probably don't do all we should. Getting better though... lol

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
here something infomational when the six speed manuals throwout baring gets to making noise get the repair kit from www.urdusa.com cause looks like toyota aint going to do anything about it mine finaly let loose the last friday busted the hub out of the clutch disk. tow bill, parts bill, and labor bill, fun times for me

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
thanks for the link.

What's everyone think on the oil change interval? No one believes in the 3,000 rules anymore, but maybe 5,000 or push for 5k and then go until the change oil light comes on?

GearHead

100 Posts
Ah yes, maintenance is the key to saving yourself some cash for sure. Who does all of their own maintenance here? I guess everyone who still has a dealership plan just goes to their dealer, but those of you with Toyotas that are a little bit older, do you do all of your own work on your vehicle?

cleaner199

I do much of the simple maintenance, oil change, checking levels, gapping the spark plugs, simple stuff like that.

Beyond that I go to the dealer. More expensive then other options I know, but I have had pretty bad luck in the past with independent mechanics.

antonino

100 Posts
I think, an authorized mechanic would always do. A little learning could be dangerous, for you and your car. Get a mechanic, and you have one less thing to worry about.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I don't think i would try to do this any more myself., hurt my shoulder recently.

antonino

100 Posts
I would always go for an authorized mechanic. Maintenance is better with them. I don't usually tinker with something that is not broken, and most probably will be broken once I tinker with it. :p

danstpierre

100 Posts
If it's only maintenance, checking and changing oil, etc. Any truck owner can do it. But if, let's say fixing something that's broken, or changing suspensions or brakes, I would'nt personally encourage that. Have a professional mechanic do it. Not unless you yourself is a mechanic.

antonino

100 Posts
If it's only maintenance, checking and changing oil, etc. Any truck owner can do it. But if, let's say fixing something that's broken, or changing suspensions or brakes, I would'nt personally encourage that. Have a professional mechanic do it. Not unless you yourself is a mechanic.
Almost anything and how to's can be searched on google. Including the how to maintain your Toyota. Problem is, it is easier said, than done.

balihaisen

100 Posts
I think, it will have to do on your gut feeling. If your ride is still smooth, then don't bother tinkering about it. Once, you feel, like something's wrong with the engine, or the way it runs, do a maintenance check.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I have found more valuable information by just asking question. Now I am almost do those simple mechanics works

Related Content You Might Like: