• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota Entune GPS is not very good

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Tried leaving Arlington, Texas with a destination of Taos, New Mexico for our short mountain vacation. The fastest and shortest route is to drive up 287 from Fort Worth to Amarillo. So that's how Entune routed me right? Not even an option. Either one must drive straight north to oklahoma city or drive west to Abilene. Adding at least an hour to the trip.

The only way to get it to work? Pick a way point that's on the route, so add a destination like Witchita Falls to the destination and we're good. Even that isn't fool proof, too aggravating to even talk about.

Even when driving on the fastest route for 40 minutes it's still saying turn around.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
If you don't like the Entune GPS, be glad you didn't get a Chrysler product.
My wifes GPS in her 2017 Challenger SRT routes her off the highway at every shopping mall and outlet center. Its so bad I refuse to turn it on if Im in the car, we joke about the car definitely being a female vehicle because it always wants to go shopping. We cant use it anytime we head west on I20 because it wants you to exit at Cooper and head towards the parks mall, then get back on the freeway and turn around.
Her 2015 RAV4 doesn't have issues half as bad as the Dodge.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
I have had enough bad experiences with the Entune GPS that I simply refuse to use it--in any of our Toyota products. Either use Google maps on the phone or old-fashioned paper maps. The worst experience was going from Las Vegas to Disneyland in Anaheim CA in 2015. The GPS insisted that we NOT use a freeway. WTF? I finally shut it down to keep it quiet. What a ridiculous system.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
From what I've read elsewhere, both Android AND Apple Car Play may be added in future Toyotas, but I can't find out when. Next year? 10 years from now? So I guess it's just a rumor for now.

All I really want is for the vehicle to allow use of Google Maps. I don't care how, but it needs to be easy. Some sort of Garmin map (database?) would also be OK. My neighbor's new Dodge 3500 allows him to use Google Maps on his phone, PLUS his user interface is actually excellent--as compared to anything in a Toyota.

Related Content You Might Like: