• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota BSM (Blind Spot Monitoring) Problems

Ron L

I have 2019 Highlander, and since purchase the Blind Spot Monitor on the right side mirror only works about half the time. When first getting on the road it wont work at all for about 30 to 40 minutes. I have had it back at the dealership 3 times already and the Tech's can find nothing wrong. I believe that the distance needs to be adjusted, but they say no. They suggest that I leave it with them for a few day's to see if they can figure it out. I live 100 miles from the dealership, so no thanks. I feel sure that someone has had this problem before and might have the answer. If so, I would appreciate the information. Thanks

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I know you said you live 100 miles from this dealer, but any chance you can get a second opinion from another dealer?? May be worth the drive if someone else can offer a fix.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
What do you mean it's not working? Something will be in the blind spot and not be identified?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I've been reading a little bit and it appears that others are having issues with BSM systems. Let me see what I can come up with.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
@Ron L did you get a message on your dash that read ... "check blind spot monitoring"?

Looks like others are having issues with BSM systems and were able to get their codes pulled by the dealer. I'm guessing you didn't have codes or a warning message?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm guessing these sensors are cheap. Take a video of this in your driveway, be safe ... and show them. Upload it here and show them this link

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
@Ron L take it to a different dealer maybe, but you should be able to put it into gear with your foot on the brake and have someone walk into the blind spot to see if it triggers the sensor.

Related Content You Might Like: